Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I looked into cloth diapers before, and felt a little overwhelmed. Now my first is about to be 2, my second is 4 months. I feel like a have a handle on life (as much as possible) and want to give cloth diapers a chance. I've already bought a couple pocket diapers (one size fits all) with inserts (some micro fiber and one hemp). I wanted some advice on what laundry detergent to use and should I use fabric softener and dryer sheets? Also, with these pocket diapers, is it acceptable to use the same diaper and just change the insert throughout the day (unless of course there leakage on the diaper)? Any advice on the subject is welcome.

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Replies (11-13):
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Balls are good! They're scented with essential oils and are safe.

Quoting JMmama:

I just got some dryer balls that are scented to use with my regular laundry. Can I use those with my diapers or should I take them out?

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We use Tide. No softeners or dryer sheets. Get some dryer balls if you can. Theyre cloth safe and do the job of a dryer sheet.

You can't use the shell of a pocket over again.

JMmama
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Great! Thank you! I have been using unscented ones, but my laundry is dreary, lol.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Balls are good! They're scented with essential oils and are safe.

Quoting JMmama:

I just got some dryer balls that are scented to use with my regular laundry. Can I use those with my diapers or should I take them out?

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We use Tide. No softeners or dryer sheets. Get some dryer balls if you can. Theyre cloth safe and do the job of a dryer sheet.

You can't use the shell of a pocket over again.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I need to get dryer balls this reminds me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN