Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Pelvic/Uterine/low back cramping 7 months postpartum

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
I gave birth 7 1/2 months ago and have not yet had AF (due to nursing). Other than the first couple of weeks after giving birth, I hadn't had any cramping up until today. It kind of feels like menstrual cramps but it feels more like the type of cramping I had when my uterus was contracting after birth. I did do a lot of strenuous yard work yesterday. Is it possible to still be having activity-related uterine pain this long after birth? I can't figure out if AF is trying to come back or if I just overdid it with the hedge-trimming and raking or what. My lower back and abdomen have been aching/throbbing since this morning with no letup but I'm not having any other AF symptoms. Has anyone else experienced anything like this 7 months postpartum?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I used to get horrible cramps and I was sure AF was coming. It happened every few months but I didn't get AF until ds was around 17 months. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I haven't. I'd guess it's probably from yard work.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM
You can cramp with ovulation.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I had some cramping while nursing when af was trying to come back.

EarthMamaMaggie
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for your responses. I think I may have just aggravated my system from too much physical activity. I panicked a little bit at first because I hadn't felt anything at all in my lower abdomen since two weeks after I delivered and then all of a sudden seven months later I was doubled over in pain from back to front. But the cramps were much less severe today so I think I'll live ;). Thanks again ladies!
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

You're probably just having pain from the yard work and not being used to doing that type of thing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)