Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red Rasberry Leaf Tea lowering blood pressure?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 33 1/2 wks and quite drinking RRLT about 2wks ago. Starting at about 30wks I would get really dizzy when I drank it. When I googled it, it said it could temporarily lower blood pressure. My bp has naturally gotten lower in 3rd trimester. It was 108/60 at my last appt. I want to drink it, but I have dizzy spells off and on now without drinking it.

Any suggestions?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Stop drinking it for a week or two and see how you feel. I always have low BP. Your's is where mine is when it's high. LOL!
swedemomma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I haven't drank it in 2 wks. I really want to start drinking it again though, but can't handle the dizzy spells. They last quite a while. We're you able to drink it with low bp?

Quoting kcangel63:

Stop drinking it for a week or two and see how you feel. I always have low BP. Your's is where mine is when it's high. LOL!

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I have dizzy spells when I drink it or when I don't. It's just part if my pregnant life. :(
I try to take it easy so I don't pass out. I've only done that a few times. It doesn't seem to effect me unless I add too much sugar to it. I'm sensitive to sugars.

Have you tried drinking it after or during meals? Does it effect you differently on an empty vs full stomach?

Quoting swedemomma:

I haven't drank it in 2 wks. I really want to start drinking it again though, but can't handle the dizzy spells. They last quite a while. We're you able to drink it with low bp?

Quoting kcangel63:

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I actually am a strong believe in to lowering bp during pregnancy. I have cronic high blood pressure during pregnancy that gets dangerously high (my oldest was born at 32 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP and my youngest at 34 weeks for the same reason). With my youngest I drank RRLT till I was 33 weeks and then ran out and couldnt get more and all of a sudden my bp sky rocketed! 

If you want to drink it dont drink as much or dont make it as strong and see what happens. 

swedemomma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thanks ladies! I had added honey to it recently and wasnt before. Maybe that is part of it. I'll try just one glass a day plain and work my way back up to 3 glasses and drink them hours apart. 

JoJoBean8
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Hope the honey helps the dizzy spells
sm12
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM

My BP is always low, lower than what you mentioned and I still drink RRL I am not a fan of it so I take the capsule form everyday and try to get in one glass a day.  In addition to honey maybe thry having it cold, like ice tea?

Sarah725
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
hope the honey helps!
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Hope the honey helps! I've never drank it before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)