Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No MOre milk tea?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

If i were to take this at 40 weeks to help with labor would it be ok? I am trying not to ahve a c section. I want to go in pushing. 3 Previous c sections and they refuse to let me go natural. :( But he did say he would let me go as far as 41 weeks :)

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melindabelcher
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
No more milk tea is to help stop breastmilk production. I've never heard of it to start labor.
As for an induction no dr can force you to show up for an induction.
Baby4us09
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Its for a c section.

I read the box and it said not for use if pregnant because of the sage so that got me thinking.

Quoting melindabelcher:

No more milk tea is to help stop breastmilk production. I've never heard of it to start labor.
As for an induction no dr can force you to show up for an induction.

AimeeE
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

First. I wouldn't take advice on ingesting something while pregnant unless given by your Dr. or Midwife. That being said...Technically ........... I don't think anyone can FORCE you to have an operation without a court order. You are required by law to sign consent forms before they operate on you.

However I would seek a second opinion on the safety of not having a section. If you seek a second opinion and the Dr. thinks that delivering vaginally would not harm you or your baby....Then, go for it.

Sarah725
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hope you go into labor soon so you can vbac.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM

you do not have to consent to anything and they can NOT legally stop you from going over 41 weeks, they also can not turn you away once your in labor or force you to have a csection so they would have to let you labor. They also can not force you to do anything you dont want to like an iv or constant monitoring or staying in bed. Its your body and your birth and you are paying them, you are their boss. As for the No More Milk tea I would not drink it while still pregnant as it may effect your milk supply after birth. I would drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and just wait for labor. Your body will go into labor when it and baby are good and ready, whether thats 41 weeks or after 42 weeks you wont know till it happens. Also a new study indicated pregancies can last weeks longer (up to 5 weeks) then originally estimated. 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Oh also are you part of the VBAC Moms group? if not join it. 

polkaspots
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You want to go in pushing, then do so. But you should take the reasons for our three previous c-sections into consideration. Going over 40 weeks is not a reason to have a c-section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Sage decreases milk supply. It does not cause contractions.

Essential oil clary sage is something to look into though.
JoJoBean8
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)