Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whole body cleanse before ttc for #2

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have decided I need to do a whole body cleanse before TTC again. I miscarried in may and I want to be completely healthy this time around. My dd was planned, the last was not that ended in loss so I want to do this to prepare. What is one I can do at home w/o spending so much?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont believe in cleanses, your body is designed to naturally cleanse itself if taken care of properly (ie: eating healthy, lots of veggies and fruits, and by drinking lots of water, roughly half your body weight in ounces). That being said I would check the Health Weight Loss group (they just changed their name and I dont remember to what) and see what they have. 

skylarkdancer
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I'm probably considered underweight for my height because I always have been.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM

add health fats and protiens to your diet and get to a healthy weight. being underweight can higher your risk for a pregnancy loss.

Quoting skylarkdancer:

I'm probably considered underweight for my height because I always have been.

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I don't do cleanses but I love a cup of hot water with lemon in the afternoon every day. It energizes me and helps with proper liver function (or so I've read). I also enjoy yoga once a week and relaxation breathing at night. I also love to take hot baths with Epsom salt once a week (it rids the body of toxins and heavy metals- again, going off of what I've read online).

Preparing for a pregnancy is important and exciting, but please don't feel like there is anything you did to cause your miscarriage in May. Good luck to you!
JoJoBean8
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Are you still nursing? It isn't recommended to cleanse when nursing.
skylarkdancer
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM
No I'm not. Dd weaned five months ago. :-)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Are you still nursing? It isn't recommended to cleanse when nursing.
Sarah725
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I always feel healthier when I drink tons of water.
Sarah725
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Good Luck TTC when you do!!
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I love doing bentonite cleanses. They cleanse a great deal of your body. They cleanse your body of environmental toxins, herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, colon cleanse, and so on.
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
This is true but not everyone's body detoxes properly.

Betonite clay is a good way to detox mixed with some psyllium husk twice a day. Also a bath in Epsom salt or betonite clay can help

Quoting Nicolle_09:

I dont believe in cleanses, your body is designed to naturally cleanse itself if taken care of properly (ie: eating healthy, lots of veggies and fruits, and by drinking lots of water, roughly half your body weight in ounces). That being said I would check the Health Weight Loss group (they just changed their name and I dont remember to what) and see what they have. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)