Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Fall is in the air-favorite pumpkin recipes?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Fall is in the air here in PA. I'm loving it, especially after a week of high humidity, lol.

I made a loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread last night. It's my first official fall food.

What are some of your favorite pumpkin recipes?

I'll share the recipe for the bread in the replies.

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I got it from this site: http://javacupcake.com/2012/09/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-bread/

I did substitute coconut oil for the vegetable oil.

Ingredients

• 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 2/3 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
  • powdered sugar, to garnish

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease & flour loaf pan. (I also lined mine with parchment paper.)
  2. In large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt TWICE.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream until smooth.
  4. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk together until smooth.
  5. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
  6. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
  7. Bake 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  8. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
  9. Dust top with powdered sugar to garnish.
nikzup03
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Pumpkin rolls. Love the pumpkin roll. All that full fat cream cheese powdered sugar filling. Mmmm lol

Edit: and butter. We can't forget the real butter! ;P
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Quoting nikzup03:

Pumpkin rolls. Love the pumpkin roll. All that full fat cream cheese powdered sugar filling. Mmmm lol

Yummmmm I didn't make one last year. I will need to dig out my recipe and make at least one this year.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I am jealous that it's cool near you. I'm in Pa but it has been so humid
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Once it is cool enough to bake I will be making pumpkin muffins. I love pumpkin
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I am jealous that it's cool near you. I'm in Pa but it has been so humid

It only started to get cool today. I'm so thankful. That humidity was killing me.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I need this recipe!

Quoting nikzup03:

nikzup03
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
It's the libbey recipe. The ones that can the pumpkin. I don't use libbey canned pumpkin though because they're owned by nestle. But I do use the recipe!

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I need this recipe!

Quoting nikzup03:

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I have found myself, more than once, snapping a picture of a recipe off a product I wouldn't use. I'll have to do that here too! lol 

Quoting nikzup03:

It's the libbey recipe. The ones that can the pumpkin. I don't use libbey canned pumpkin though because they're owned by nestle. But I do use the recipe!

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008), Caidence(2010), Baby3 (2013). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF & EH, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I LOVE pumpkin season!  I love to cook with pumpkin from scratch.  I make pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, and this year I'm trying my hand at pumpkin soup.  I'm super stoked.  I have two pie pumpkins just waiting for me to carve them up and make something delicious with them.  I can't decide what I want to do first, though. 

The recipes I use:

Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Soup

When a recipe calls for canned pumpkin I just substitute cooked, pureed pumpkin and adjust flour content if the batter is too thin (since home made pumpkin goop has more water in it).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)