Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Car seat gurus....

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a daycare and will soon have my van full of carseats.  I have a Chrysler Town and Country.  One of my families is going to provide me with a new convertible seat.  I want to put it rear facing in the back row.  It will be that seat, then my daughter's Radian (forward facing) and a Chico infant seat.  Do you know of an inexpensive trim seat that I can recommend to them?  I can't expect them to get a Diono to keep at my house....  He is just 20 lb and not tall.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lulu_tattoos
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
We really like our safety first guide 65 sport. It's super trim and cheap ($80!) and rear faces to 40 pounds. We're upgrading to a higher-end seat for our van soon but this one will go in my husbands Jetta as our secondary (replacing an infant type seat we use as backup now).
lulu_tattoos
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
^ it lacks the bells and whistles but I REALLY think its a well made and easy to use seat especially for the price. The trim size was what sold us on it (at the time, we only had the Jetta and had to fit a convertible plus a booster and an eleven year old in the back).
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I only use Britax but here's a bump

HeatherD1027
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I second the guide 65
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Thanks everyone!  I've passed along the info.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Good luck with the daycare!

melindabelcher
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM
That van can be a real struggle with more then 3 or 4 car seats.
But the guide is the only one that comes to mind and you may have to do a baseless install with the keyfit.
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:41 AM

I hope not.  I don't feel like the infant seats are secure enough without the base.  The van came with leather seats standard....

Quoting melindabelcher:

That van can be a real struggle with more then 3 or 4 car seats.
But the guide is the only one that comes to mind and you may have to do a baseless install with the keyfit.

LNLMommy
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM

DD has a Graco My fit 70 or something like that..It fits nicely in the backseat of my Altima along with two booster seats

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)