Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Second pregnancy

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hello this is my second pregnancy but my first time planning to give birth at a birth center. I'm just curious how many weeks other moms went into labor with their second pregnancy. My first I had at 39 weeks but I also had to have him turned the week before. This pregnancy my baby had been head down for 2 months. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and so exhausted of being pregnant. I wanna have this baby lol. Any advice?
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Enjoy these last few weeks, months.  :)

larissalarie
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Try to be calm and don't stress about how soon it's going to happen. It won't help anything and you'll just make yourself miserable. From experience I can assure you that if you just resign yourself to being pregnant all the way to 40 weeks and stop stressing about wanting it sooner it's MUCH more pleasant all around.

Also at only 36 weeks, your baby NEEDS more time! Sure it's likely to be "fine" if born soon, but I'm sure you want better than "fine" :-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Allof my kiddos were born before their due date..no earlier than 38 no later than 39 5
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Eh, none of that means anything. My first came before 40w. My second didn't come until 41 weeks and was head down since the anatomy scan at 21w. She seriously never turned out of birthing position.

Baby wi come when you are both ready.
GL and congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Relax, stay hydrated, and enjoy the last few weeks.

SeattleBabyBump
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I hated it when people told me to enjoy the end of my pregnancy. I could not enjoy it. I was too uncomfortable!! I'm much happier not to be pregnant anymore. I did, however, survive it. Just try to make yourself as comfortable as you can. Take it easy. Ask for help when you need it. Stay connected to your baby and that mom intuition might just tell you when this baby is coming. My guess was right on and I don't think that's a coincidence.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM

you never know, my first two came in the 38th week my 3rd was over due.  Good luck and congrats on #2!!

Annettey19
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I'm expecting my second too! I can understand the impatience, but I'm trying to be content because this is likely the last time I'll be pregnant for several years.

I went into labor at 40+2, and I think it will be about the same or earlier this time. I've been having more contractions early on this time than I did with my first.

Mrs.Salz
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Each pregnancy will be different.

Mine were 40+2 and 39+5.

bgarner1989
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM
my first one was 6 days over due and my second was born on his due date. Good luck and congratulations
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN