Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Are there any food allergies in your family?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 25 Replies

Are there any food allergies in your family?

I saw that post on the homepage-where the mom lies about her son having allergies.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Marcus has some issue with milk. We call it an allergy but idk
sm12
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My three years old is dairy intolerant.

nikzup03
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM
None :) not my immediate family at least. My cousin and his mom have a lactose intolerance.
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Just me, I'm allergic to shrimp. It's most likely the iodine in the shrimp. I didn't become allergic untill after my 9 year old was born.

What is she lying about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Quoting snowangel1979:

Just me, I'm allergic to shrimp. It's most likely the iodine in the shrimp. I didn't become allergic untill after my 9 year old was born.

What is she lying about?

She told the school that he can't have wheat or eggs because she doesn't want him eating processed "junk."  She feels that people don't listen to her when she tells them he's not to eat processed food, and she gets a better response if she tells them it's an allergy.  (Everyone on MC is angry with her for making light of people who really have allergies)

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM

My blood test came back that I'm allergic to chicken eggs and cow milk and soft cheeses.

But I've never noticed an issue--maybe because it's ALWAYS been in my system?

Terpsichore
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

What type of doctor would you go to for this kind of test? I'm sure I have food allergy/intolerance/sensitivity, and I know my 2mo does, but I don't know where to even start to consider blood tests. 

Quoting GoodyBrook:

My blood test came back that I'm allergic to chicken eggs and cow milk and soft cheeses.

But I've never noticed an issue--maybe because it's ALWAYS been in my system?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM
No none
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM

my mom had tests done and came back she is allergic to all citrus   :(  this and a few other health issues showed up after she had me. She is the only one that has been tested and proven to have food allergies. 

mjrex87
by Mindy on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM

DD has gluten and dairy sensitivities and is allergic to tomatoes. I usually don't specify the "sensitivities" vs the actual allergy, I just tell people she's allergic to gluten, dairy, and tomatoes because she shouldn't eat any of them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)