Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Charting and EDD question

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
I started charting last September and continued to chart very thoroughly up until we conceived. Because of this I know all my exact dates. For those of you that knew your exact dates, did you deliver close to your due date? I know there's not a magic day the baby will arrive and I'm totally expecting to go past my due date; I was just wondering if there's a higher chance of going closer to your due date when you know that it's accurate.
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Nope. I don't think conception/ ovulation dates matter in this regard. The truth is that 40 weeks is only an estimate time period, not that an edd is a guess when you conceived.
I know the exact dates of conception and ovulation and based on that info delivered at 41 weeks with my second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I was induced so I am no help. But here is a bump

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I have always known my dates and I deliver about a week or so before everytime.

I think each persons body..mom and baby have different "cooking" times lol

vcory
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Hey I'll take early! ;) Not that it's super accurate, but at my 21 week sonogram he measured 6 days ahead but I think he might just be long. My midwife is out of state the day before, the day of and the 2 days after my due date. I have a back-up but I want my midwife to be there. So I'm hoping he either comes early or late!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I have always known my dates and I deliver about a week or so before everytime.

I think each persons body..mom and baby have different "cooking" times lol

GoodyBrook
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I knew the exact day of conception, but needed an induction at 40.1 from date of conception or 42.1 from LMP.  I kinda feel that we would have gone to 43 LMP if left to our own devices.

vcory
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
My midwife lets you go up to 43 weeks which I like. It's really unusual to go that far unless you didn't know your dates and your EDD was just a guess. At 42 weeks she does start trying to help move things along for the sake of the mom's sanity and so that you don't get to 43 weeks if possible. I think the latest baby she's delivered was 43 weeks 1 days. She also delivers twins and breech.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I knew the exact day of conception, but needed an induction at 40.1 from date of conception or 42.1 from LMP.  I kinda feel that we would have gone to 43 LMP if left to our own devices.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I always have regular cycles and two came a week early one came late.  You just never know.

larissalarie
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I don't think it makes a difference, unless maybe you have an exceptionally long cycle. My first child was the most off from the due date (38 weeks)and that's because it was an ultrasound due date.
My other 3 were all born sometime in the 39th week, including the one I 100% knew the conception date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vcory
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM
My midwife said moms with long cycles tend to go late because they usually ovulate later. I have a normal cycle length at 26 days and ovulate usually around day 14.

Quoting larissalarie:

I don't think it makes a difference, unless maybe you have an exceptionally long cycle. My first child was the most off from the due date (38 weeks)and that's because it was an ultrasound due date.
My other 3 were all born sometime in the 39th week, including the one I 100% knew the conception date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN