Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Can't get anything done

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 24 Replies
Earlier this week and last week I had a double ear infection, prior to that I had a little cold, nothing serious just a sore throat. My 12 week old is going through a growth spurt and nursing constantly, and when he's not he wants to be held. Because of all this, the house is a complete mess I can't stand to look at it, were even getting ants. I don't have time to get anything done! I'm so stressed out, I don't know what to do. The only thing I got done today was the dishes and its already 9pm. I'm so overwhelmed, I wish I had time to clean...
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM
My 4th baby is 5 weeks old. He was a fussy, needy thing today. I got things done by putting him in the baby carrier and letting him snuggle and nurse while I did the tasks at hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM
What kind of carrier do you have? He doesn't like to be in his boba for very long, it's in the high 90's over here right now and he gets really hot even being skin to skin :/ I put him in to do the chores I can do with him in the carrier like sweep and vacuum, but things like doing the dishes and laundry I can't do with him in the front carry

Quoting larissalarie:

My 4th baby is 5 weeks old. He was a fussy, needy thing today. I got things done by putting him in the baby carrier and letting him snuggle and nurse while I did the tasks at hand.

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Aw don't be too hard on your self! We got ansy every year when I lived with my mom and trust me that place was clean! Just do what you can and soon you'll be able to get more done. Relax a little if you can :)
BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Thank you for the kind words :)

Quoting jmaw89:

Aw don't be too hard on your self! We got ansy every year when I lived with my mom and trust me that place was clean! Just do what you can and soon you'll be able to get more done. Relax a little if you can :)

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:29 AM
You're welcome! This probably doesn't help but dd is two and I still haven't figured out how to get the whole house clean at once. There's varying sections of the house that are clean at a time lol. And I'm due with #2 in 7.5 weeks. Yikes!

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting jmaw89:

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
That does make me feel better actually! I see all these other moms are like supermom and can take care of a little baby, keep the whole house clean, do all the laundry, and cook everyday like its no big deal. I'm struggling to get half those things done lol. Awh congratulations! I wish you the best of luck :)

Quoting jmaw89:

You're welcome! This probably doesn't help but dd is two and I still haven't figured out how to get the whole house clean at once. There's varying sections of the house that are clean at a time lol. And I'm due with #2 in 7.5 weeks. Yikes!

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting jmaw89:

SeattleBabyBump
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Read this and be reminded of the tremendous job you are doing. Supermom is an image that I don't think we should strive for.

http://mamaseeds.com/blog/baby-sleep-training/new-mamas-get-nothing-done-and-other-untruths/
melindabelcher
by mel on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
They arent real lol 99.9% of moms if you pop in unannounced their house will NOT be spotless. There will be clean areas and not so clean.
Leave the dust bunnies! Switch to paper plates and disposable utensils (no it's not green, but it's only temporary) do a couple 15min cleaning bursts throughout the day.
Is there any way you can hire a high school or college kid to come in 1-2hrs 3 days a week and just help clean/hold baby while you shower.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

That does make me feel better actually! I see all these other moms are like supermom and can take care of a little baby, keep the whole house clean, do all the laundry, and cook everyday like its no big deal. I'm struggling to get half those things done lol. Awh congratulations! I wish you the best of luck :)

Quoting jmaw89:

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting jmaw89:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a hard time.  Try to not let it stress you out.  Everything will get done eventually.

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Okay good I'm not the only one lol. No I wish we're tight on money right now, can't have anything extra like that :/

Quoting melindabelcher:

They arent real lol 99.9% of moms if you pop in unannounced their house will NOT be spotless. There will be clean areas and not so clean.

Leave the dust bunnies! Switch to paper plates and disposable utensils (no it's not green, but it's only temporary) do a couple 15min cleaning bursts throughout the day.

Is there any way you can hire a high school or college kid to come in 1-2hrs 3 days a week and just help clean/hold baby while you shower.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting jmaw89:

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting jmaw89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)