Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i DID just know!!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 23 Replies
4 moms liked this
For those of you who have read and replied to my posts, my baby boy has arrived!! :) ;ut not without its drama...

My OB called me in and insisted I get an induction at 5am because the risk of having this baby at home or en route to hospital. I reluctantly agreed but went home in tears. My famiily tried comforting me and telling me medical intervention was sometimes necessary. we dropped our kids off that night withh my sister and went home to gget ready. I stayed up most of the night just thinking, "was this really necessary?" I prayed and read my Bible and prayed some more. at around 3 am i jumped in the shwer and continued to pray. I just did not feal peace in my heart, so i surrendered it to God. I just prayed and said, "God, you are in coontrol, I do not feel peace about induction and I don"t want to do it. You will tell my boody whhen it"s ready to give birth." i woke my husband up and told him, "Im not doing the induction." He said, "That's fine. we'll call the doctor in the morning." Thirty minutes later I felt a strong contraction. I knew it was time. I woke my husband up, drove to the hospital, arrived in full active labor, 8 cm dilated and two hours later my baby boy was born! Luke Daniel, 8lb w oz.

Thank you all for your support and information. You were right!!
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Way to go mama!!!!! Congrats!
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Way to go! I had a feeling you'd have that baby soon and I really didn't think you'd need to be induced. Your body had been slowly gearing up and preparing for that baby for while =)

Congratulations <3
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Congratulations!! Listening to your body and leading with your faith works!! I am glad everything worked out how you hoped and your baby boy has arrived!!
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

That's wonderful news!!!  I love his name! Congratulations

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Congrats!
MamaPrime
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Congrats, mama.

soberorose81
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Congratulations on your new Baby Boy!! :D  Great job mama!!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

WOW momma thats awesome!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

PICS???

Mommabearbergh
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Congrats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN