Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

tips for handling back labor?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 20 Replies

hi everyone!

I'm currently expecting #3, and I had horrible back labor with my 2nd. I was wondering if I were to have that again this time if there is anything I could do? Also, is there any good books or birth methods you recommend?

thank you in advance!

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

hands and knees position and counter pressure

Eris.Melanthe
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Thank you, I'm trying to not worry about this delivery so much...

soberorose81
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice warm showers/tub (as long as your midwife/OB/care provider is ok with the tub), warm cloth, ditto on counter pressure.  I also used a ball and would hands/knees on it.  If someone can help with rebozo, that might help too.

http://lifebreathpresent.com

Where all things life happen and I always try to live a life full of breath and be present in all the moments offered to us!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I found counter pressure made a huge difference for me

RADmomma
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I agree with the counter pressure.
I had horrible back labor with my second. I found that leaning over in the shower (lean on the wall so the water blasted on my lower back ) while hubby applied pressure was very very helpful. I also found a hot rice pack to help too. I used that while I sat on my yoga ball leaning my head on the bed.

I don't know if its ok with everyone but I saw a chiropractor until a few days before I delivered. It started out that we were trying to get her to flip over but the relief I got was so great that I continued to go as long as possible.
michellefrogs
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I had really bad back labor. I sat on a birthing ball and leaned over the bed. My doula also was a massage therapist and she massaged my back for hours. Her poor hands must have hurt when she left! That helped tremendously! 

GoodyBrook
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Chiropractors are a great tool when trying to get baby to turn!  (And who cares what others think if it's what you decided it was best for your family!)

Quoting RADmomma:

I had horrible back labor with my second. I found that leaning over in the shower (lean on the wall so the water blasted on my lower back ) while hubby applied pressure was very very helpful. I also found a hot rice pack to help too. I used that while I sat on my yoga ball leaning my head on the bed.

I don't know if its ok with everyone but I saw a chiropractor until a few days before I delivered. It started out that we were trying to get her to flip over but the relief I got was so great that I continued to go as long as possible.

hockeymomfor4
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Counter pressure and massage did the trick for me.

RADmomma
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Oh no... That's not quite what I meant.. Lol.

I meant I don't know if chiro care is safe for everyone that late in the game!!!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Chiropractors are a great tool when trying to get baby to turn!  (And who cares what others think if it's what you decided it was best for your family!)

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Oh and chiro worked for me. She turned at 38ish weeks & I got to driver via vbac!!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)