Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

tips for handling back labor?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 20 Replies

hi everyone!

I'm currently expecting #3, and I had horrible back labor with my 2nd. I was wondering if I were to have that again this time if there is anything I could do? Also, is there any good books or birth methods you recommend?

thank you in advance!

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

hands and knees position and counter pressure

Eris.Melanthe
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Thank you, I'm trying to not worry about this delivery so much...

soberorose81
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice warm showers/tub (as long as your midwife/OB/care provider is ok with the tub), warm cloth, ditto on counter pressure.  I also used a ball and would hands/knees on it.  If someone can help with rebozo, that might help too.

http://lifebreathpresent.com

Where all things life happen and I always try to live a life full of breath and be present in all the moments offered to us!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I found counter pressure made a huge difference for me

RADmomma
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I agree with the counter pressure.
I had horrible back labor with my second. I found that leaning over in the shower (lean on the wall so the water blasted on my lower back ) while hubby applied pressure was very very helpful. I also found a hot rice pack to help too. I used that while I sat on my yoga ball leaning my head on the bed.

I don't know if its ok with everyone but I saw a chiropractor until a few days before I delivered. It started out that we were trying to get her to flip over but the relief I got was so great that I continued to go as long as possible.
michellefrogs
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I had really bad back labor. I sat on a birthing ball and leaned over the bed. My doula also was a massage therapist and she massaged my back for hours. Her poor hands must have hurt when she left! That helped tremendously! 

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Chiropractors are a great tool when trying to get baby to turn!  (And who cares what others think if it's what you decided it was best for your family!)

Quoting RADmomma:

I had horrible back labor with my second. I found that leaning over in the shower (lean on the wall so the water blasted on my lower back ) while hubby applied pressure was very very helpful. I also found a hot rice pack to help too. I used that while I sat on my yoga ball leaning my head on the bed.

I don't know if its ok with everyone but I saw a chiropractor until a few days before I delivered. It started out that we were trying to get her to flip over but the relief I got was so great that I continued to go as long as possible.

hockeymomfor4
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Counter pressure and massage did the trick for me.

RADmomma
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Oh no... That's not quite what I meant.. Lol.

I meant I don't know if chiro care is safe for everyone that late in the game!!!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Chiropractors are a great tool when trying to get baby to turn!  (And who cares what others think if it's what you decided it was best for your family!)

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Oh and chiro worked for me. She turned at 38ish weeks & I got to driver via vbac!!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)