Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How often do you eat out?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 17 Replies

I know as natural moms, many of us are very aware of the food we are eating. Do you eat out? If so, how do you make a decision on where to eat? Do you avoid the chain restaurants? 

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraCate
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

It varies...sometimes it's 0-1x/month, sometimes it might be 1x/week.  We live in a big city with lots of mom-and-pop, ethnic, and whole food type options, so finding someplace isn't usually an issue; having said that, we just don't really consider big chain places when we think about eating out.

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Very seldom maybe once or twice every couple months. It's hard to eat out, there just isn't much that's worth eating.
Jenn8604
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM
every now and again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM
We eat out like 2-3 times a month. We don't do chains. We live in a big city, so that's not hard at all. We also have quite a few farm to table restaurants, many breweries, and tons and tons of local places. We love finding a new eating spot :)
jdmandme
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Too often. I'm not a very good cook but I'm trying to learn more recipes and techniques.

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM

About 1 or 2 times a month. We only eat at small restaurants that use local and organic foods. Luckily in VT there has been a huge movement to get local, natural foods into easy access for restaurantsand now into many of our schools. We avoid chain restaurants like the plague!

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
More than I like but less than we used to. The next few months are football and wrestling season for us and we end up eating at fast food places on game night. So once a week. :(

During wrestling tournaments I bring our own snacks and food so it's better.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I agree. We make most things better at home!!!

Quoting LaideBug:

Very seldom maybe once or twice every couple months. It's hard to eat out, there just isn't much that's worth eating.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Today I ended up eating out because we were out running so many errands and everyone was getting way beyond hungry! We even brought fruit with us but  had already eaten it. I usually don't do that and leave the house more prepared. I usually pack lunch or food everywhere we go if needed.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Rarely, and when we do it's either a pizza or chinese. Dd won't eat anything that isn't homemade and healthy, lol, so its just DF and I who indulge. No fast food like mcdonalds or burger king, ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)