Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Yikes-creative 1 yo

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

My 1 year old decided to be creative today on the arm of the couch

I usually use rubbing alcohol to get stuff like this out of the microfiber couch but I'm out and keep forgetting to replace it. I don't use hand sanitizer so the next best thing-baby wipes. Thankfully they worked.

Had anyone else had to deal with their child's creative side?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I think I've used wipes on something like that before which is funny because I know I buy the ones without alcohol or anything like that in them.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Ronin decorated my fridge. It came off easy but I searched the house high and low for all crayons, markers, pens and pencils! They are safely out if reach now :)
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I'm so glad you got it out!!!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM

wow I can't believe how well that came out!  Yes my DD is very creative as well and I'm glad alcohol has helped on our furniture as well!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

WOW wipes worked? mine are alcohol free are yours??

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Both of my kids took sharpies to the walls and furniture. My dd covered the whole kitchen and ds did the rest of the house. Everything came off besides on the painted walls. 

funhappymom
by Representative on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

WOW wipes worked? mine are alcohol free are yours??

I usually get the alcohol free ones but didn't even check when I picked up these and they do have alcohol in them, unfortunately.

funhappymom
by Representative on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Both of my kids took sharpies to the walls and furniture. My dd covered the whole kitchen and ds did the rest of the house. Everything came off besides on the painted walls. 

Wow that's crazy. Usually it's the older kids fault she get pens/pencils/markers but this time it was my fault.

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM

When my son was 1 he black sharpied my bedroom. Walls, furniture, door! I dont know where he got the sharpie, didnt even know we had one. It came off the walls. The door and furniture it is still on. The wood was untreated and it soaked right in. He is 10 1/2 now.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I love microfiber becasue of the rubbing alcohol trick...my dd drew on the wall and the door

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN