Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hypnobirth experience?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

A soon to be first time mom is looking for some information on hypnobirth. Does any one have an suggestions for her?

Quote:

Hi,

Im a 35 soon to be first time mom. I have been researchin hypnobirthing. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice on hypnobirthing or hypnobabies?

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Have you checked out any books at the library regarding hypnobirthing?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Hypnobirth and hypno babies are wondering resources and helpful...most local libraries have the books and CDs

SeattleBabyBump
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM
My friend did hypnobirthing classes and it helped her through 30 hours of labor.
JoeysApple
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:46 AM

I did Hypnobabies and absolutely loved it! It not only helped my labor, it helped keep me calm and relaxed the months before. My husband (the skeptic) loved it just as much as me and really enjoyed being involved in the birth of our son. He feels so bad for all the guys who kept telling him to bring a big book because he'd be bored.

BBAsoulfull
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I did hypnobirth during pregnancy and during labor it helped me  "ease" into the urges.

mjrex87
by Mindy on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Look for classes in your area. I took a Hypnobabies class and loved it. 

CelestialSong
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I'm currently doing the Hypnobabies home study and love it so far :) My husband does too - he recently confessed that he really likes falling asleep while listening to the positive affirmations, and a few weeks after I started he mentioned that I seemed a lot calmer and more relaxed. He can tell when I skip a day because apparently the difference is that noticeable. I've been using some of the relaxation techniques to try to keep my blood pressure down when I go in for appointments and it seems to be helping. It's also helped with other pregnancy pain and discomforts. Of course I can't yet speak for how my birth will go, but I am completely confident that this is what I needed to achieve the natural birth I want (which I did not manage with my first).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)