Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birth Control Pregnancy

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 45 Replies

Does anyone take or know anyone that takes the mini pill? I'm currently taking that and breastfeeding. Was wondering if anyone has gotten pregnant on it that was taking it as it's supposed to be? I take it same time everyday and am freaking cause I feel pregnant! I was supposed to get nexplanon inserted today but they didn't take my insurance and I didn't have $525 upfront to get it done. Was hoping to get a pregnancy test there before they inserted to be sure. Also not sure how likely it is to get pregnant on birth control. I've never had a scare in all the years I've been on it. My baby is 15 weeks old

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I was on micronor (sp?) when I was 18 a "mini pill". The DR would not let me take anything else due to the constant migraines that I had. I had to take it at the same time everyday so I took it right when I got home from school. I took it perfectly but I did gain some weight. I got pregnant and now have an almost 8 yr old DD. I ovulated while taking the pill , it is rare but it can happen.  

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I took the mini pill for 1 1/2 years after my last baby (who was breast fed the whole time). I never got pregnant but I did feel pregnant all the time. I took a pregnancy test almost monthly bc I couldn't shake the feeling of being pregnant (which I never was).

I did just get a non hormonal IUD about a month ago- so far I am very pleased with the protection it provides.
Brieshon
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Looking back, I realize that I always felt pregnant while on the pill. My doc at the time said it messes with your hormones and kind of tricks your body into thinking it's already pregnant so it doesn't ovulate. I know that's oversimplified, but it made sense then, lol.

Between the pill and breastfeeding, it's very unlikely that you're pregnant. For your own peace of mind, though, you can always pick up a dollar tree pregnancy test.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard a lot of people get pregnant on that pill but if you're taking it correctly it should work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swedemomma
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I know women wo have gotten pg on the pill. One was taking her pill religiously and full time ebf. The only bc that worked for her was the IUD I think.

The hormones in the pills can really mess with your body. I would have a blood test done before doing anything to rule out pregnancy.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never been on any bc pill since I suck at pills, but at 15 weeks pp while breastfeeding and taking bc you're very unlikely to get pregnant. It would be best for you to use condoms until you get the nexplanon inserted though, just to be sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I makes sure I take it same time everyday. I have a alarm on my phone for that purpose.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I was on micronor (sp?) when I was 18 a "mini pill". The DR would not let me take anything else due to the constant migraines that I had. I had to take it at the same time everyday so I took it right when I got home from school. I took it perfectly but I did gain some weight. I got pregnant and now have an almost 8 yr old DD. I ovulated while taking the pill , it is rare but it can happen.  

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:55 AM
It's good to know you felt pregnant but weren't. Been taking it for about 3 months now and this is the first time I've gotten this feeling

Quoting bloomsr:

I took the mini pill for 1 1/2 years after my last baby (who was breast fed the whole time). I never got pregnant but I did feel pregnant all the time. I took a pregnancy test almost monthly bc I couldn't shake the feeling of being pregnant (which I never was).

I did just get a non hormonal IUD about a month ago- so far I am very pleased with the protection it provides.
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Hmmm oh ok lol. I don't have a dollar tree here in NY but will check the dollar store to see if maybe they sell test.

Quoting Brieshon:

Looking back, I realize that I always felt pregnant while on the pill. My doc at the time said it messes with your hormones and kind of tricks your body into thinking it's already pregnant so it doesn't ovulate. I know that's oversimplified, but it made sense then, lol.

Between the pill and breastfeeding, it's very unlikely that you're pregnant. For your own peace of mind, though, you can always pick up a dollar tree pregnancy test.
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Wow! I take it the same time on the dot every day. Was going to wait another week to buy a test if family dollar doesn't have them

Quoting jconney80:

I've heard a lot of people get pregnant on that pill but if you're taking it correctly it should work
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)