Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ear infections?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is it possible for my son to have an ear infection with out ever having a fever?

He is almost 9 months old and didn't nap at all yesterday! He would fall asleep, then the second I put him down he woke up crying. He hasn't slept well at all tonight. He is whining in his sleep a lot. I suppose it could be teething. I was just wondering if an ear infection was possible, he only has one good ear so we have to be extra cautious. He has had no fever though.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

yes my son once had an ear infection and the only sign was him pulling on his ear.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

yes some people get infections without fevers

jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Yes it's possible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I'd call the Dr if you're not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspensMama1537
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
He was fine the next morning, but then had another rough night. Took him in this morning, no infection. No idea why he is fighting sleep so bad and crying out in pain in the middle of the night. Hopefully tonight will go better. Thanks.

Quoting jconney80:

I'd call the Dr if you're not sure

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

It can happen. Is he pulling on his ear a lot?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Hope things get better soon, that is rough.

Analugojana
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Could be teething, could be tummy discomfort. Mine had a few nights like that but I believe it was her tummy because she was also passing a lot of gas and then settling down some. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
It could be a number of things. Ear infection, teething, tummy pains, a headache... This is one of those situations where you go by process of elimination until you figure it out or it goes away by itself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspensMama1537
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM
It turned out to be his clothing! The 2 nights he was really upset we put socks and a onsie under his p.j.s. He had been getting cold so we thought we would try it, my daughter liked it when she was a baby. He apparently hated it! We tried a heater in his room and his regular p.j.s. he slept great!

Quoting polkaspots:

It could be a number of things. Ear infection, teething, tummy pains, a headache... This is one of those situations where you go by process of elimination until you figure it out or it goes away by itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)