Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Birth Center Conference - Guest Speaker

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was honored to be asked by my birthing center to come and speak at the National Convention of the Association for American Birthing Centers last night as they hold their annual conference here in Minneapolis this weekend.  I got to hold my 15 month old as we talked to nearly 500 participants that are responsible for legal, professional and financial backing to expand birth centers across America. In sharing my story I really just wanted to encourage people to share their birth stories with a midwife or their birth center because I was blessed to have this option and not many women do.  If you want to birth in a hospital - fine, but if you want the OPTION to utilize a birthing center or have a home birth a pregnant woman and her family should have those options at their disposal.  I hope for all my children, grandchildren, friends, family and strangers - any future mothers - that if they want to have a birth plan, whatever it might be, that it be forfilled just as they had hoped.

If YOU are a natural mom, a woman who birthed in a non traditional way, I hope you'll email/post/share your stories so that more women know it is possible!

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats great you were chosen to speak!!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM

That's awesome!

SotilSol
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

I recently gave birth to my second child in a birthing center. The whole experience was far better than my OB and hospital care/birth.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM

How amazing, what an opportunity you had!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)