Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

diaper rash

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 15 Replies
Samara keeps getting a diaper rash. I have been doing cloth, but someone got us disposables and i do have store bought wipes, but they very rarely get used. Like maybe twice a week or something. So i use the cloth diapers with washcloth and water) I made my own laundry detergant, so maybe its that, but the detergant is just a simple recipe (castille soap, borax and washng soda....is that what its called?). I change her often, but most of tge time there is a.little poop. She has been.more fussy lately, not sure if its from the rash or if she does have a food sensitivity. Any help is welcomed!
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
has she started eting something new?? that may be causing the rash. I used this to cure diaper rash. my very "old school" aunt told me about it. fill your sink with lunkewarm water, add 1 cup viniger, white or apple cider. let baby sit 15 minutes n make sure they dont splash. let baby air dry. pour pure corn startch liberally on baby bottom and in diaper. it alwys worked within a few hours for my DD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM

If she has started eating something new, it could be a food sensitivity. Or she could be reacting to something in your detergent, Do your diapers need to be stripped? For a rash Breast milk works well I also used coconut oil on DD.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Is the soap getting them clean enough? I tried homemade detergent and it wasn't getting the diapers clean and they had build up. I had to switch to tide to get them clean. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Thanks! I will try. She is 7 weeks.

Quoting caligirl7613:

has she started eting something new?? that may be causing the rash. I used this to cure diaper rash. my very "old school" aunt told me about it. fill your sink with lunkewarm water, add 1 cup viniger, white or apple cider. let baby sit 15 minutes n make sure they dont splash. let baby air dry. pour pure corn startch liberally on baby bottom and in diaper. it alwys worked within a few hours for my DD

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
She is 7 weeks, no solids. I will.try stripping the diapers. I have tried bm,.sun, air. I have coconut oil i can try as well. It seems to come and go,.like every other day :p

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

If she has started eating something new, it could be a food sensitivity. Or she could be reacting to something in your detergent, Do your diapers need to be stripped? For a rash Breast milk works well I also used coconut oil on DD.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Maybe not. I may have tk switch :p

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Is the soap getting them clean enough? I tried homemade detergent and it wasn't getting the diapers clean and they had build up. I had to switch to tide to get them clean. 

Analugojana
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Sounds like yeast to me. We had it and it's like that, a stubborn rash made worse by cloth. Try putting an antifungal cream (like clotrimazole) onher bum and strip the cloth diapers (I'd suggest hot water and bleach). We got rid oof it in no time like this and no more rash from then on.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I would suggest treating all of your dipes. I did this recently for a yeast rash. Hot wash with detergent and hot wash with bleach. I use a similar recipe, but with laundry soap instead of Castille soap.
Coconut oil is also very good to use on baby's butt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I just washed the diapers and wipes, they are sundrying. I probably should have use some vinegar,.oh well.

Quoting Analugojana:

Sounds like yeast to me. We had it and it's like that, a stubborn rash made worse by cloth. Try putting an antifungal cream (like clotrimazole) onher bum and strip the cloth diapers (I'd suggest hot water and bleach). We got rid oof it in no time like this and no more rash from then on.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Can i have your recipe?

I just gave her a bath and lathered.her with coconut oil, booty and all

Quoting polkaspots:

I would suggest treating all of your dipes. I did this recently for a yeast rash. Hot wash with detergent and hot wash with bleach. I use a similar recipe, but with laundry soap instead of Castille soap.

Coconut oil is also very good to use on baby's butt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)