Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Has a vaccine caused serious side effects to your child?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 19 Replies
Has a vaccine caused serious side effects to your child? Was it the first time they got the vaccine? How old were they? What happened? Thank you.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I do fully vaccinate my kids on the recommended schedule. Crankiness and tenderness at the injection site are the only adverse reactions we've had.
Corina1987
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:39 AM
That's good. My baby has gotten fevers and strange colored poop from them but nothing else. I'm always so worried.

Quoting bloomsr:

I do fully vaccinate my kids on the recommended schedule. Crankiness and tenderness at the injection site are the only adverse reactions we've had.

Annettey19
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My son had no bad reactions that I saw. He slept a lot after the very first set, but there was no swelling or redness and he wasn't even cranky. All the others he didn't even get the sleepiness. I was surprised.

muisjes
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD never had a side effect, not even one, and she's fully vaccinatef, on schedule.
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM

My son had a severe life altering reaction at 8 weeks old.  He had a stroke as a result and stopped breathing multiple times.  He now has epilepsy and cerebral palsy as a result.  He will have moderate disabilities for the rest of his life. 

Corina1987
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I'm so sorry this happened to your baby. I wish there was more awareness on the possible negative side effects of vaccines.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

My son had a severe life altering reaction at 8 weeks old.  He had a stroke as a result and stopped breathing multiple times.  He now has epilepsy and cerebral palsy as a result.  He will have moderate disabilities for the rest of his life. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this
I can tell you my unvaxxed girls have had no reactions to being unvaxxed. Totally healthy, healthier than most. I didn't want to risk it and decided to keep them healthy in other ways. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corina1987
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM
That's good! Did their school give you problems? How did you boost their immune system other ways?

Quoting jellyphish:

I can tell you my unvaxxed girls have had no reactions to being unvaxxed. Totally healthy, healthier than most. I didn't want to risk it and decided to keep them healthy in other ways. :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
No problems. It's super easy to get an exemption here.
I just use breast feeding, baby wearing, avoid chemicals, good nutrition, common sense, and the occasional herb or eo as needed to keep them healthy.

Quoting Corina1987:

That's good! Did their school give you problems? How did you boost their immune system other ways?

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My kiddo went into NICU as a result of Vitamin K shot making his blood so thick they couldn't get a draw.   That single shot cost me over $14,000 in NICU costs...  Luckily babe is now a healthy 9 month old, and we're content not to give him any more injections...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)