Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Immunization registry program?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 17 Replies

I just recieved the lovely card from the governor reminding me to give my baby shots. I don't plan to vax my baby. At the bottom of this card in tiny print it says that she was automatically added to the immunization registry. It also says that this registry is not mandatory. Has anyone heard of this and if so is there a way to get my daughter off of the registry? I really don't like being "tracked". 

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaForever007
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Never heard of it but I don't like the sound of it...
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I don't know, but I've heard that with Obama care it's going to become mandatory to vaccinate

not sure how true that is, but it's scary
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
A friend of mine just told me that it's all part of medical records going electronic.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I pray that that isn't true.

Quoting comptonkids:

I don't know, but I've heard that with Obama care it's going to become mandatory to vaccinate

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM
http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts/factsheets/2010/09/The-Affordable-Care-Act-and-Immunization.html

This just talks about the recommendations for shots under the affordable care act. It doesn't look like it will be mandatory.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM
There was a post a while back in the choosing not to vax group about this, pretty informative moms there. I'm sure you could find info about it there.
I personally don't care if my girls are on it. I figure if they are, they are just going to up the statistic of totally healthy unvaxxed kids, kind of a way to support the cause and debunk the idea that unvaxxed= sickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Maybe when you take baby in for a check up you could be asked to be taken off of it?.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

WHAT that is so scary!  Hope it's not true!!

Quoting comptonkids:

mjrex87
by Mindy on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

It might not be mandatory now, but we're definitely heading that direction. :-/

Quoting somuchlove4U:

http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts/factsheets/2010/09/The-Affordable-Care-Act-and-Immunization.html

This just talks about the recommendations for shots under the affordable care act. It doesn't look like it will be mandatory.

GoodyBrook
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I called up my County Health Office and asked for my son to be taken off the state-wide register.  They said I was the only one that had ever done so.

Our state's register allows medical professionals (or anyone with access to the system, like the school nurse) to see if children are current on shots.  The say that this will assist the ER in case of an emergency and they don't have time to send for records.

I feel that it allows access into my children's medical information without my express permission on a case-by-case basis. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN