Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Failure at being pregnant

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 20 Replies
I am 40 weeks today, today is my due date and I still haven't given birth. My water hasn't broken, no contractions, no bloody show. I feel like I'm a failure at giving birth because it's taking forever. My midwife keeps saying "trust your body" I'm just concerned because if I go to 42 weeks then I have to give birth at a hospital. Is something wrong with me? I walk everyday. I do squats. I don't know what else to do. My first son was born at 39 weeks. It's making me really sad..advice?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
9 moms liked this
Lol, most women go past their due date if left to nature. It's an ESTIMATED due date, not some kinda deadline you missed :-P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM

It's very common to go past your due date, it's not a bad thing?!

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Studies have recently shown that due dates can be off by up to 5 weeks!
lulu_tattoos
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Your "due date" is not a "Due Date" at all but an Estimated Date of Delivery. It is the midpoint of a monthlong due period. 

polkaspots
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM
You're not supposed to give birth on your due date. They all it an edd because that's what it is, an educated estimate of when you are most likely to go into labor and deliver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Your body isn't failing you, it's just doing what it is supposed to do. As long as you and baby are healthy, some babies get to bake longer than others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I have birth at 41 weeks +1. I think you will find that most women with healthy pregnancies give birth after 40 weeks if left alone and allowed to go into labor naturally. Your body is making sure the masterpiece is complete and baby is ready!
JackandJayne
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Who didn't feel like a failure in the home stretch?! I think it's pretty much already been driven home by other posters, but your due date is rarely on target. Just keep walking, do a few crazy looking jumping jacks in your living room off and on through the day and try some nipple stimulation. Whatever you do, roll with the punches, and don't get upset. Enjoy this time no matter WHAT happens. Good luck!

graycalico
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I'd say you're very successful at being pregnant! Try not to stress, your baby will be here soon! Congrats!
hnischke
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It was an interesting read. It showed that the longer it took for the egg to implant the more likely you were to carry past 40w.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Studies have recently shown that due dates can be off by up to 5 weeks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)