Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couple of questions

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm new here..sort of. I've been a member for a while, just more of a lurker. Anyway I'm due with baby number 2 in Jan. and I have a couple of questions. 

Where is the best place for a CHEAP amber necklace? 

What is the best natural baby soap? Is Burt's Bees pretty good? 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulu_tattoos
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

It's hard to find a CHEAP amber necklace that you can be sure is authentic. I just got one from a lady who orders in bulk from one place and the damn thing broke in less than a week. Now I cant remember the name of the company. But today I crossed my fingers and ordered one from "amberdali" on ebay. It came to about $11-$12 after shipping. 

For soap I like Dr Bronners or just good old handmade soap from my local farmers market. Both are castile, I like the dr bronners because it's liquid and easy but I like the stuff I get at farmers market because it's purer and supports my community. 

JoJoBean8
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Congrats on baby! It's hard to get a cheap amber that is good guality. Are you in any co-ops on fb? Many of them do group orders for hazelaid and you can get 20% off. Also Friend them on fb and they post codes frequently. For a baby just use water. They don't really need soap. There is actually a post about that floating around page one or two. I can link it if you like. 

cuppycake91
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM

No I'm not in a co-op. I just liked them on FB thanks! 

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Congrats on baby! It's hard to get a cheap amber that is good guality. Are you in any co-ops on fb? Many of them do group orders for hazelaid and you can get 20% off. Also Friend them on fb and they post codes frequently. For a baby just use water. They don't really need soap. There is actually a post about that floating around page one or two. I can link it if you like. 

illegallyblonde
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
For amber necklace we use hazelaid.com. You want quality not cheap. We do not use baby soap, lotion, or shampoo. Instead we put a little oil (avocado, apricot, almond, etc) in bath water. His skin is clean and silky smooth.
cuppycake91
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Ok where would I buy oils at? 

Quoting illegallyblonde:

For amber necklace we use hazelaid.com. You want quality not cheap. We do not use baby soap, lotion, or shampoo. Instead we put a little oil (avocado, apricot, almond, etc) in bath water. His skin is clean and silky smooth.

cuppycake91
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Would a little coconut oil work for baths?

Notafollower
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I didn't know that about babies and soap.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

JMmama
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I use soap very rarely on my babies. Every so often though I use earth mama angel baby.
JoJoBean8
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Check out some co ops they are good for getting things for cheap. There are a lot of natural co ops on fb.

Quoting cuppycake91:

No I'm not in a co-op. I just liked them on FB thanks! 

Quoting JoJoBean8:

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldnt CLEAN baby itsmore like a lotion after baths

Quoting cuppycake91:

Would a little coconut oil work for baths?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)