Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Vaxing-What do you do?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you do about vaxing?

Options:

No vax at all

Partially vax, on time

Partially vax but delay

Fully vax but delay

Fully vax, to time

Other-if there is another option

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

I know this is a natural group and a lot of moms don't vax at all but I'm sure there are those who do. So I was just curious.

Did you have any issues with doctors or anyone going against your wishes?

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM

We don't vax. I  just tell the dr we are still researching. It hasn't been a problem because I only take them in fir sick appointments after 18 months.

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM
well i have to do some research about my state laws. i have heard conflicting "laws" i plan on delaying for sure, and i have not decided on if i am going to selectively vax or not vax at all. i have heard that my state is one of 2 in the nation that does not allow religious exemption, only medical so i am still trying to figure out if that is indeed true and if so, well they will be delayed and only get vaccines that are a "must have" no chicken pox, hpv etc. if its not true and my state does allow for religious exemption, i am leaning strongly toward not vaxing at all but have not totally decided.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
We no longer vaccinate. I guess "No vax at all", as my last 5 are vax-free.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Al offers religious. Here's the law, info, and steps to take for ya:

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/alabama.htm

Quoting caligirl7613:

well i have to do some research about my state laws. i have heard conflicting "laws" i plan on delaying for sure, and i have not decided on if i am going to selectively vax or not vax at all. i have heard that my state is one of 2 in the nation that does not allow religious exemption, only medical so i am still trying to figure out if that is indeed true and if so, well they will be delayed and only get vaccines that are a "must have" no chicken pox, hpv etc. if its not true and my state does allow for religious exemption, i am leaning strongly toward not vaxing at all but have not totally decided.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
thank you so much! i have heard so many different yes and no and the info online can be conflicting as well. i figured if i just walked into my local health dept and asked they would just flat out lie or give me a run around.

Quoting jellyphish:

Al offers religious. Here's the law, info, and steps to take for ya:

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/alabama.htm

Quoting caligirl7613:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
We delay.
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM
No vax.
JoeysApple
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I did give ds 2 vaccines, but then decided against continuing. I'm undecided about the future, but I just believe a baby is too young for all that to be put into them. A lot of brain development happens the first year.

As for my pedi, she's not really unsupportive, but when LO was sick a couple months ago she was like "I think he has whooping cough. This is what I'm always so scared of with not getting vaccinated." It felt like a stab at my choice. We tested him just to make sure, but I was pretty sure he didn't have it (he didn't have whooping cough). When listing his symptoms, I told her he coughed maybe once a day.

I'm bringing intact back! His body, his choice.

Jenn8604
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Fully vax on schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM

We have done full vax, dr sears schedule and now no vax so I voted other

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN