Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

no poo questions....

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying no poo for the third time and for the first time I think I'm mostly through the transition phase. I'm having the same problem as before though - my hair is horribly static-y.  It gets this way every fall/winter and the only solution I've figured out is LOTS of conditioner, and even then I have to spray an anti-static on the collars of my clothes and often in my hairbrush too. Typical solutions like dryer sheets only work for short periods of time.

I'm not sure why I have this problem. We run a humidifier in the house over the winter, and it doesn't matter where I live, work, travel... it's always the same.

I've already tried honey in the ACV mix and coconut oil afterward, minimal change. I really want this to work... any other ideas??

I'm also wondering how often you wash with baking soda/ACV once you get through the transition?

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I don't have static problems so I'm not sure what to do with that.  I heard people use bs/acv every 5 days.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I have tried and tried and no poo ends up with greasy mop

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Me too :( I really don't know what to suggest for the static. I have only ever dealt with that in the very dry part of winter but not often. I hope you find a solution. Have you tried eggs in your hair? I have no clue if that will help

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I have tried and tried and no poo ends up with greasy mop

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM
How often are you using baking soda and ACV? I noticed static when I was washing too often.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM

when getting through the transition phase you want to go as long between as possible. the longest I go is a week...also it could be because your mixture isnt right for your hair type and you may need to experiment with different amounts of each ingredients. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:20 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN