Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Favorite part of your home birth experience?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this
What memory do you look back on and say I never couldve done that at a hospital, it was all worth it? Mine...my hubby, me and my 3 year old crawled into bed along with my newbie and slept for 4 hours...I was up all night giving birth and we woke the 3 year old up at 5am to watch the birth so everyone was tired. It was the best nap ever and it was awesome to be in my own bed
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Boy, so many! Lol i guess my favorite part was when dh handed me my baby and looking her (or him) over and doing skin to skin. I was a very sacred and intimate moment, and being at home without having to worry about saying what i wanted or saying no was wonderful.
sjk_maybe_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM

That's a tough one!  So very much after a traumatic hospital birth with my first!

I love that I went about my normal day (took DD to preschool then later in the day picked her up when my ctx were 3 mins. apart. LOL)

Contracting on the stairs as I was trying to get up to our bedroom and DD (2 yrs. 9 mos at the time) saying, "Mama, that didn't sound like a lion" after the contraction. (I had told her I'd make noises like a bear or a lion or a walrus, etc.)

MY discovering he was a boy!

Hearing my daughter's resounding "YAAAAAY" from downstairs when DH went down and told her she had a new baby brother.

Overall, being respected through the whole process I think was the overall best.  That and the healing of the trauma caused by my first birth that I was able to experience through my home birth.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM

if I was in a hopsital I would have had a cesection. I had a really long labor and was happy to be able to move and eat. I also loved laboring and pushing in the water. the water was my bestie.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM

bump for homebirthers. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM

yeah my guy wasnt born til 28 hours after water broke.  In the hospital that woudlve been epidural and pitocon and mabe even csection

Quoting monalisasus:

if I was in a hopsital I would have had a cesection. I had a really long labor and was happy to be able to move and eat. I also loved laboring and pushing in the water. the water was my bestie.

jjchick75
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM

So many things! Being able to just do 100% what felt right to me.  Hubby catching the baby and holding him and loving him before handing him to me. He looked so so proud! I loved my home birth and I am sad I will never be able to experience that again.

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Our home birth was unplanned, but so wonderful despite the chaos.

I loved laboring alone in our bathroom
I loved that my husband took care of our other 2 children and me while I was preparing for the birth

I hated being rushed to the hospital after our son was born but before I delivered the placenta. I was in so much shock and awe from the birth that I didn't speak up for myself and stay home after the delivery.
JoeysApple
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Oh so many, especially the way my OB was going....(I switched to midwife/homebirth at 37 weeks). The main one was that I was pushing for 4 hours. I doubt my OB would have let me and I had to try many positions to wiggle him out of there! I also loved just holding him as long as I wanted in the tub and then laying in MY OWN BED to get stitched was honestly as close to heaven and one could get being stitched up! No one touched my baby besides me and hubby until he was 3 hours old =D

I also remember the next day being so incredibly happy I didn't have to go anywhere (like going home from the hospital).

I'm bringing intact back! His body, his choice.

Rachael.bby
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM

You all have such beautiful memories. I'm so happy you all have shared. I had an unintentional home birth with my last. It was so beautiful. My mother had just gotten to my house to take my 8 year old daughter for us to head to the hospital. I screamed for her and she came to check on me. I told her to check to see if she saw his head. She said, "There's nothing there, Rachael." I told her, "He's coming!" 5 minutes later I was pushing and my mom said, "There he is. You did it!" I got to pull him up on my chest all by myself. No interventions and my mom cut his cord. My mom and I have had issues through out my life, but she was the only one I wanted and the moment my son was born, it changed our whole relationship. I look forward to the day she gets to tell my son that she was the one that helped deliver him. My next will be a planned home birth. :) 

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Being able to relax, truly relax.

Being able to position myself how I wanted to.

Hearing my husband. So calm, comforting, he was perfect.

Holding my baby immediately and there only be limited number of people touching my baby.

Seeing my daughters come in and cuddle up with me and baby brother to watch movies and nap on the floor where I was most comfortable.

So many things that made it SO worth it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN