Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween: pass out candy or what?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you pass out stuff? if so what? candy? treats? fruit? pretzels?

My neighbor gives out mini bibles

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amycapl
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
We are taking our 3 1/2 year old dd trick or treating. She won't stand for staying in. We get the double whammy of being vegan AND not allowing much artificial coloring. I think we're gonna let her keep a couple of non-chocolate pieces and "trade" the rest for a toy or something.
sjk_maybe_mom
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Some dentists will pay kids to turn in their candy...

Also, if you have a "for the troops" type organization that does care packages for our troops, they'll often times take the candy to put in the care packages.

We don't let the kids have a ton of candy, but it's more the going out and having a good time. We keep some of their favorites (and ours, lol) and donate the rest to send to the troops.

Quoting Amycapl:

We are taking our 3 1/2 year old dd trick or treating. She won't stand for staying in. We get the double whammy of being vegan AND not allowing much artificial coloring. I think we're gonna let her keep a couple of non-chocolate pieces and "trade" the rest for a toy or something.

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I made ghosts out of lolly pops that we are passing out. But I'm bit sure how cause we are taking the kids out. Lol. Prob just leave the bowl on the door.
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Mini bibles? Like the bible??? We give candies and fruit snaks 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM
We don't hand anything out because no one comes here so we go trick or treating. We let the kids have some candy. This year we might trade it in for toys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM
We do both! Or at least my kids do. DH and I take the little boys ( 6 and 2) this year and the big boys ( both 14) are handing out candy while we are gone. I'm bad though, I just grab a couple bags of whatever type of candy :(
Amycapl
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Fantastic ideas! I'll look into them both!

Quoting sjk_maybe_mom:

Some dentists will pay kids to turn in their candy...

Also, if you have a "for the troops" type organization that does care packages for our troops, they'll often times take the candy to put in the care packages.

We don't let the kids have a ton of candy, but it's more the going out and having a good time. We keep some of their favorites (and ours, lol) and donate the rest to send to the troops.

Quoting Amycapl:

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Nobody comes to our house:-). This year we won't be home. But I used to do little boxes of raisins.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Quoting amazzonia:

Mini bibles? Like the bible??? We give candies and fruit snaks 

YEP its only the new testament I think..but yep bibles.  Her kids dress as people/animals from bible stories every year

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

We are never home to hand out candy lol, we go to my parents neighborhood to T or T and my om gives out pencils and small notepads and rings and stuff like that no candy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)