Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasounds dangerous?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I do believe that ultrasounds are less safe than we're lead to believe. I do think there are other factors with this study though. For example, wouldn't the waves penetrate a tiny mouse differently than a human mother?

I do think ultrasounds should not be routine.
BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Worrisome but not so much so that I'm concerned for my daughter. Ultrasounds became routine towards the end for her because she was breech. They kept checking if she'd turned and I always thought it was silly. I could tell her head was between my ribs. I would know immediately if she had turned. 

So they just waved it between my ribs and BAM. There's her head. So it wasn't like a anatomy scan. But it was done weekly the last... 6 weeks? 

sjk_maybe_mom
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Absolutely.  There was  a less involved study than this one somewhere between 6 and 10 years ago that made us question all the routine u/s. I had two with my daughter, and one wnith my son.  I'll probably catch flack for this, but when you look at the raise in autism/aspberger's cases in the last 20 years, you have to question what's different than when we were being born.  The only things I can really come up with are constant ultrasounds and a ton more chemicals in our world that we're exposed to. There has to be something to it. Granted, I know there are kiddos with autism that were probably never exposed to any ultrasound. I'm not making a blanket statement, by any means.  Just saying that the migration of brain cells being disrupted by ultrasound makes a lot of sense.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I didnt see that someone else had posted this last night lol
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I'll thank you for sharing this too =)

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

thank you for posting this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)