Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

OT Infant loss remembrance day

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

October 15 is Infant loss remembrance at 7pm tonight people around the world will light a candle in memory of lost babies and leave it burning an hour so theres a wave of light around the world.

One in 4 women will lose a baby...are you one of them? Share your babies name, dates and pics if you have them.

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nee86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Wyatt Robert born and passed April 24th, 2012 at 23 weeks into my pregnancy.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:29 PM
hugs momma
Quoting Nee86:

Wyatt Robert born and passed April 24th, 2012 at 23 weeks into my pregnancy.

swedemomma
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM

We lost Isaac Luke 7/3/12 at 10wks. Delivered him a month later and his placenta a week after.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Hugs to all the moms who have lost a child. 

MamaPrime
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM

A little late to this post. But we found out on the 15th that we lost ours. 11 weeks and 4 days from a car accident last Friday. We are still debating on weather or not to give a name. I still haven't passed it and I don't think the news has completely sunk in yet. I'm still in shock and still probably in denial. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I can't believe it's 1 in 4 women although I never had to experience a loss thank goodness I know many women who have and it's terribly sad.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That's horrible, I'm so sorry for your loss!!

Quoting MamaPrime:

A little late to this post. But we found out on the 15th that we lost ours. 11 weeks and 4 days from a car accident last Friday. We are still debating on weather or not to give a name. I still haven't passed it and I don't think the news has completely sunk in yet. I'm still in shock and still probably in denial. 

MamaPrime
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Thank you! We are still grateful to have our beautiful son who wasn't in the wreck with me. 

Quoting Sarah725:

That's horrible, I'm so sorry for your loss!!

Quoting MamaPrime:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Oh momma I am so sorry!  Did you know some states file murder charges over that?

Quoting MamaPrime:

swedemomma
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

So sorry. It took a while for it to become real for me last summer. I named him Isaac because I woke up a few nights after sono every hour or so worried about Isaac. The next day I had comfort he was ok. I knew I wanted my body to naturally recognize the loss, but after 3-4wks I was no longer emotionally strong enough. My midwife gave me pills and a Rx pain killer, so I could still be at home. It was very hard physically and emotionally. If you have any ?s feel free to message me. I'm so sorr you are going through this. No one should ever have to experience a loss of a child.

Quoting MamaPrime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN