Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I did not know midwifes were even still legal really?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 27 Replies

I just told a girl I knew from high school I am in my fifth year of school amost about to graduate with my masters. She said in what? I told her Midwifery and she said I did not even know those were still legal to use.........

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

......I have no words....

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Hmmmm, i was talking to a friend who said that they may just decide to get rid of the master program and only have the doctorite's degree for.midwifery. Have you heard anything in that? (Sorry to change the subject )
WheelerWife
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Not everyone is well versed in their birthing choices. Now she knows. :) 

Tiggeroo
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We've done a great job of scaring women into birth. While other countries embrace midwifery, all we seem to do is tolerate it, and barely that! I used a midwife with my last little girl, born at home in July of 2012, and I can honestly say that I wish I had had her for my two previous girls as well. One was a c-section in 2006 and one a VBAC at Shands in FL. in 2008. Good for You btw!! Congrats!!

muslimomof2
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Not that I have heard. I did my two year LPN course at a community college, then another 2 years for my RN, at radford university, and now Im completing the Midwife Masters degree at Radford too as far as I know they have not said anything about it changing. I sure hope not I don't want any more school lol

Quoting Precious333:

Hmmmm, i was talking to a friend who said that they may just decide to get rid of the master program and only have the doctorite's degree for.midwifery. Have you heard anything in that? (Sorry to change the subject )

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yeah, i know. Is that to be a cnm or a lm?

Quoting muslimomof2:

Not that I have heard. I did my two year LPN course at a community college, then another 2 years for my RN, at radford university, and now Im completing the Midwife Masters degree at Radford too as far as I know they have not said anything about it changing. I sure hope not I don't want any more school lol

Quoting Precious333:

muslimomof2
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Mines to be CNM thats why I had to get lpn/rn too

Quoting Precious333:

Yeah, i know. Is that to be a cnm or a lm?

Quoting muslimomof2:

Quoting Precious333:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

wow

RheaF
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Delaware has made it extremely hard to practice or have a midwife. Many states are trying their hardest to make it illegal.

monkeymommy1
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Wow that is wrong.

Quoting RheaF:

Delaware has made it extremely hard to practice or have a midwife. Many states are trying their hardest to make it illegal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN