Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How often to use the bulb syringe? EDIT

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM
  • 18 Replies
My poor LO constantly has boogers clogging his nose.. I feel bad using the nasal aspirator on him everyday but he can't breathe if I don't! Should I get some of that saline solution to at least make it easier to suck it all out? I know you're not supposed to use it more than 3 times but it doesn't all come out in 3 tries!

EDIT: I tried squirting the bm in his nose, it didn't loosen anything up :/ poor guy still has a stuffy nose
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I very rarely use it. I used the saline drops before hand or used it right after a bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Have you tried bm? Usually if I put a few drops in his nose it cleared up for a little while. 

BellaBlue92
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
No, I'll try it though! Thanks :)

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Have you tried bm? Usually if I put a few drops in his nose it cleared up for a little while. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I use breastmilk...my youngest is 2 months and didnt even have a bulb used at birth

BellaBlue92
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM
So how do you use the breast milk?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I use breastmilk...my youngest is 2 months and didnt even have a bulb used at birth

hapababies
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I put a drop or two of saline or bm on a tip of a q tip and rub it against the end of each nostril. I don't stick the q tip in the nose. I wait a few seconds, and see how much mucus I can get out with squeezing his nose for a second. Sometimes that really works.
If you are using a bulb syringe, please make sure you are cleaning it with alcohol and water. Although they can be great for getting snot out, they also are notorious for being filled with bacteria inside.
I hold your lo feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swedemomma
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Can't she just squirt the bm into the nose?

Quoting hapababies:

I put a drop or two of saline or bm on a tip of a q tip and rub it against the end of each nostril. I don't stick the q tip in the nose. I wait a few seconds, and see how much mucus I can get out with squeezing his nose for a second. Sometimes that really works.
If you are using a bulb syringe, please make sure you are cleaning it with alcohol and water. Although they can be great for getting snot out, they also are notorious for being filled with bacteria inside.

BellaBlue92
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Thank you! He's not sick, and he doesn't really have a stuffy nose, he just has these huge boogers (sorry TMI lol) clogging his nose all the time, poor baby :/

Quoting hapababies:

BellaBlue92
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Squirt it with what?

Quoting swedemomma:

Can't she just squirt the bm into the nose?

Quoting hapababies:

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Didn't use it at all really.  Maybe once when Ds had a really bad cold. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN