Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Some bad news, a sensitive topic and a question....

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 30 Replies

WE found out on Monday we had lost our baby at 11 weeks 4 days to a car accident on Friday. My all-day sickness is gone, I havean odd question, if anyone had previously found out they lost a baby before they "knew" i.e. went to an appt and found out there was no heartbeat- how long did it take for thing to naturally happen? My midwife sounded ok with me letting things take their course, but then there is some convenience about getting a prescription, having everything ready over the weekend and let it do it's job. That sounds terrible, but I don't know how long I can hold up this denial phase while waiting to see if/when things happen. 

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harleysmom213
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

for me i found out on a thursday and had my miscarriage that saturday. I had been bleeding for probably 5 days or so before my miscarriage. but i know someone who had to carry her baby to term because it was too far along for a dnc. so i'm guessing for you it'd be about a week or two.

i'm sorry for your loss.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I found out on a Monday or Tuesday, I was 13 weeks but baby had stopped growing. (I had been spotting, that why I went in)

That Friday and Saturday are when I really started to miscarry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaForever007
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I 'knew' for a month before the blood started. Three days later it came out
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Mine had stopped growing at 7.5 weeks. Found out at 9 weeks. Had the d&c. I just couldnt hzndle emotionally that I was carrying my baby that didnt make it.
sdgd21
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure, but I am sorry. Hugs.
I would say you should wait and let it happen naturally, not to give false hope, but there are times and the doctors are wrong. I have a 15-year-old son, and I went to the hospital and the doctor sent me to go get a D&C while pregnant with him. My insurance would not cover it without a referral from my primary doctor. But it my heart I felt I needed an second opinion, I'm glad I did.
So again my case is rare, very rare, but to be sure, let it happen naturally. So sorry for you. <3
JMmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Similar story here. I found out at 14 weeks my baby had quit growing at 12 weeks. I had had no symptoms something was wrong and no idea anything was wrong. It was just a regular appt. I didn't have my d&c until a week later and I was still having no symptoms. I don't know how long it would have gone on had I decided to go naturally but it was too hard to keep going like that.

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Mine had stopped growing at 7.5 weeks. Found out at 9 weeks. Had the d&c. I just couldnt hzndle emotionally that I was carrying my baby that didnt make it.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

HUGS momma...it kinda depends on your body on how fast it realizes it...most common I have seen is a week to 2 weeks

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I cant answer your question I just wanted to say I'm so sorry!!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I have no answers but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Hugs!!

swedemomma
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I think I may have told you already, but I waited about 4 wks and my body still hadn't recognized the loss. I had no spotting or any signs, minus no longer having morning sickness. Loss was onfirmed via sonogram and according to meaurements had just loss baby. I was 10wks. After waiting a month, I took pills from my midwife that essentially is the same for abortions, but can't remember the name. I did take Rx pain meds also. If you do it at home as I did, I highly recommend any older kids going away from the house for the day if possible. It was an all day thing for me and at some points I was just lying on the hall floor waiting for the next clot. I did not get checked after and ended up freaked out when a couple weeks later had a clot thing hanging out of me, but was stuck inside. Went to birthing center and it was my placenta and they had to remove it as it was stuck in my cervix. I also ended up needed a shot since I was bleeding too much. Please talk to your midwife about when to worry and call about bleeding. My friend just ended up in the hospital from bleeding too much and waiting too long to tell anyone. She's fine now, but it was scary. Sorry again for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)