Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

3 weeks and finally a birth story! (PIC HEAVY! PIOG!)

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

I feel like this all happened just yesterday, so hard to believe Coen will be 3 weeks old tomorrow! Anyway here is the birth story...finally!:

The condensed version:

Contractions started around 11:30pm on September, 27th and were very sporadic, I think they were not more than 15 minutes apart, my memory is a bit fuzzy on the early bits. The slowly increased in intensity and frequency and were CRAZY! By 3am they were 5-10 minutes apart lasting anywhere from 30 seconds to 5.5 minutes each! I got in the bath to relax for a bit and it helped.....until I got out of the bath and then they came rushing back! I ate some pizza, had a drink and hopped in the shower to relieve my back pain, it killed! After my shower, I decided to wake DH to get a back massage and have him sit with me until I felt like going to the hospital. I went to the bathroom several times through this and lost tons of mucus plug every time...By 7:30 am we decided to wake my in-laws so they could watch over Cruz while we were gone. We finally left the house at 8:45am and went to the..... McDonald's drive-thru so I could get an egg McMuffin and cinnamelt! Yum, because I knew they weren't going to let me eat while in labor, lol! Then we went to K-mart to pick up the rest of DS1's gift from baby.....I wonder if anyone there could tell I was in labor, lol. We finally arrived at the hospital around 9:45am and the wanted to check me before admitting me, because I "wasn't in enough pain to be in active labor," lol....TRUST ME, I was in plenty pain, but I just so happened to do a good job of not showing it, apparently. Anyway the nurse checked me and was SHOCKED and said "You're at an 8 and 100% effaced!!!" I guess I do know how to tell when I am in labor, OBVIOUSLY! They then admitted me right away, the nurse said "I hope you weren't planning on an epidural because you probably won't have the time!," I hadn't planned on it anyway, but I would've had plenty time, lol. Over the NEXT 5 hours, I did not progress AT ALL, despite bouncing on the birth ball, walking around a ton, doing lunges, etc. I did have bloody show leaking down my leg at around 1pm, which I originally thought was my water leaking and I was bummed when I realized that wasn't it. By 3pm I finally decided to let the doctor break my water because I still hadn't progessed any....I was torn about it, but I went ahead with it anyway. After that contractions were right on top of each other for the next hour and a half and I was clinging to the side of the bed rails while DH massaged my back through them, they hurt like *HELL*, super intense back labor (My back still hurts! lol) Finally at 4:25 I told the nurse I NEEDED to push, she checked me and said "You're not quite there" ....The hell I wasn't! I told her again after approximately 1 minute of her checking me "I NEED TO PUSH NOW!!!" She said "Okay let me get the doctor," the doctor came in and also felt the need to check me before she would let me push and said "No wonder you're feeling like you want to push, you're complete!"......No duh!!! I started pushing at 4:30pm and after 4 super-intense excruciating pushes, Coen Joshua came into the world on September 28th, 2013 at 4:36pm and I caught him myself and pulled him up onto my abdomen!!! We waited until the cord stopped pulsating before DH cut it, then he was immediately placed against my bare chest with a warm blanket, it was amazing!!!

I had one minor tear and a very painful birth, but aside from letthe doctor break my water and them not letting me push as soon as I said so, I couldn't imagine it having gone any better!

Also they brought me food and let me eat during labor, that was awesome!!! And I never had more than 2 people besides my DH and myself in the room which made it nice and peaceful, it was a much better experience than I had expected from that hospital!

His stats were taken a couple hours after birth: 8lbs 0.6ounces, 20.5 inches long....and perfect! (added that last stat myself! ;-))

Fresh from the womb^^^

Coen's first meal....lasted an hour and a half!^^^

Bonding! ^^^

Sweet pea!

Brotherly love!^^^

Our little family^^^

Peace out!

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bgarner1989
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats he is so cute :-)
MustBNapTime
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! :) He is adorable!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

What a wonderful birth story, congratulations!!

mjrex87
by Mindy on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Love his name! Congratulations! Happy to hear such a positive hospital birth story!

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Omgosh my uterus is aching. My DD will be 21 months tomorrow and I finally feel totally ready to have a second and have been anxious to get my boyfriend on board. This story and these pictures definitely made me a little more anxious lol.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!! What a wonderful birth story :) I'm so happy for you and your family is beautiful. What a sweet little guy!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Thanks! :-)
Quoting bgarner1989:

Congrats he is so cute :-)

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thank you! :-)

Quoting MustBNapTime:

Congrats! :) He is adorable!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Thanks! :-)
Quoting Sarah725:

What a wonderful birth story, congratulations!!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you and thank you!!! I was very pleased and surprised, my birth went a hundred times better than I had expected, especially at that hospital...I really lucked out!

Quoting mjrex87:

Love his name! Congratulations! Happy to hear such a positive hospital birth story!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)