Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

complete placenta previa piog

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
My cousin is 4 months and her doctor said she has complete placenta previa. So, what are yhe chances of her placenta moving? I have no experience with this.
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

small but possible with her only being 4 months

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I think theres still time for it to move.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. Thanks mamas!
Aleewink
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Small odds, but there is a possibility. One of my best friends had ful placenta previa. She was heathy and I think that helped her carry the baby as long as she did. She dish ave trouble resting as much as the doctor suggested as she had two major bleeds before they finally hositalzed her. After she was hospitalized they ended up doing an emergency c-section at 32 week. Her little boy needs just a little help, but he's three now and super healthy!
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I know she does have some chance of it moving so hopefully it does for her! 

megthompson920
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I had a complete placental previa until 6 months along. They said it's normal to have it until atleast 5 months because your uterus hasn't grown as much as it will. So it's normal to have a placental previa at that point. I was on bedrest for my entire pregnancy, but at 6 months, mine moved up out of the way. There is still hope. She is only 4 months so there is a very good chance that it will move. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

let us know what happens!

Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I had partial previa and was told that if by 12 weeks it had not completely moved chances were slim that it move up. It moved but I was on bed rest from week 10-13. GL
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Thanks! That give me hope for her!

Quoting megthompson920:

I had a complete placental previa until 6 months along. They said it's normal to have it until atleast 5 months because your uterus hasn't grown as much as it will. So it's normal to have a placental previa at that point. I was on bedrest for my entire pregnancy, but at 6 months, mine moved up out of the way. There is still hope. She is only 4 months so there is a very good chance that it will move. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)