Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I am not sure if I can post this here but here goes

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have a bad placenta and low amniotic fluid. On a scale of 1-3 with 3 being the worst my placenta is a 3. I have a level 6 amniotic fluid. Is there anything I can eat to help my placenta? I am freaking out and worried. I have nsts and placenta checks twice a week. I am scared. A huge part of me wants this kid out now just so I can know he is ok.

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amycapl
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I can't help but here's a bump
cailliermommy
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Bump
cailliermommy
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Bump
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I really don't know much about the placenta. I hope others have more input. Are you trying for a natural birth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swedemomma
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

How far along are you? I hope the best for you and wish I had helpful info for you. I would ask your midwife and if you have a good local health mart I would check with them. 

GoodyBrook
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Fluid levels drop before birth, so this isn't super concerning...  (Wait, how far along are you?)

What is involved in a placenta check?  Personally, I'd go to a different technician or clinic for every other visit.  I wouldn't trust only one opinion when it came to something so important...

Allinorder
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I am 34 weeks now. My baby is 4 pounds :(

Quoting swedemomma:

How far along are you? I hope the best for you and wish I had helpful info for you. I would ask your midwife and if you have a good local health mart I would check with them. 

Allinorder
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I am 34 weeks today. I am going to a diffrent place Tuesday. I am so scared that this baby will die inside of me. I would rather him in the NICU alive instead of in my womb dead.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Fluid levels drop before birth, so this isn't super concerning...  (Wait, how far along are you?)

What is involved in a placenta check?  Personally, I'd go to a different technician or clinic for every other visit.  I wouldn't trust only one opinion when it came to something so important...

Allinorder
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I am trying for a VBAC :( My older two kids are vaginal births and my youngest was a C section.

Quoting jconney80:

I really don't know much about the placenta. I hope others have more input. Are you trying for a natural birth?

Claughlin
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Get a second opinion.  What justifies a bad placenta?  Obviously it isn't that bad if it has done its job thus far. Plus if your baby is supposed 4 lbs then it must have worked just fine.

To me it sounds as if they are trying to scare you into another section.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN