Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm ready for the scoop on essential oils

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

I started a more natural lifestyle almost 4 years ago and it's been a huge change to evolve how I think about everything. I try to take baby steps so that things are a lifestyle change for me and not just something I get into then backslide with because I'm not used to it. Obviously I've grown up in a world where you reach for medicine for everything. I find myself reaching for more natural solutions or remedies when we start feeling sick etc now. I'm finally ready to start learning more about essential oils.

What are the REAL ones that actually work? I hear everyone talking about Young Living (I think that's what it's called). I don't have a lot to spend so what are some good ones to have on hand for winter or for sleep issues? My kids get sick so much and we hope to help that with GAPS because I definitely think there are immune deficiencies going on. But I would like to know some good basic oils to have on hand for winter illnesses and just what should be in a medicine cabinet (so to speak lol). Thanks!

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Health food stores don't carry good quality oils. YL and doterra oils are great, but way overpriced. I always recommend mountainroseherbs.com for great oils, great info, and decent prices.
I believe every home should have lavender and tea tree oils, they are the safest and most versatile oils. After that, you should get a good book, and what to have depends on what you want them for and what kind of oils you like- something I'm always happy to talk about. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

OK thank you! I was hoping you would answer because I know you know a lot about it. I was wondering if there is an oil that helps with parasites or yeast overgrowth? As in yeast in the gut not a woman's yeast infection.

Quoting jellyphish:

Health food stores don't carry good quality oils. YL and doterra oils are great, but way overpriced. I always recommend mountainroseherbs.com for great oils, great info, and decent prices.
I believe every home should have lavender and tea tree oils, they are the safest and most versatile oils. After that, you should get a good book, and what to have depends on what you want them for and what kind of oils you like- something I'm always happy to talk about. :)

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

All brands are not created equally.  EOs are not regulated, so it's buyer-beware.  Research before you purchase.

To address your question about "yeast," I've read that Spearmint EO will help balance the acid/alcaline in your body.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Intestinal parasites don't like nutmeg. And for yeasties, I believe, cinnamon as well. I'd also take some acv everyday for a while. And actually I had this problem (intestinal parasites and systemic yeast) and was recommended to take the herbs pau de arco and dandelion root for six weeks straight. (There was a third too, but it wasn't bf safe and now I don't remember what it was.) I'd did this along with fulvic minerals and it made a big difference.

Quoting jconney80:

OK thank you! I was hoping you would answer because I know you know a lot about it. I was wondering if there is an oil that helps with parasites or yeast overgrowth? As in yeast in the gut not a woman's yeast infection.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM

OK thanks! Did it help you keep it away for good? I'm afraid I'm going to be battling it for awhile. I was hoping I could find a good oil to put on my son's skin that might help. I can't get him to take many things that will kill yeast and parasites. I tried and failed epicly. I was hoping an oil might do the trick.

Quoting jellyphish:

Intestinal parasites don't like nutmeg. And for yeasties, I believe, cinnamon as well. I'd also take some acv everyday for a while. And actually I had this problem (intestinal parasites and systemic yeast) and was recommended to take the herbs pau de arco and dandelion root for six weeks straight. (There was a third too, but it wasn't bf safe and now I don't remember what it was.) I'd did this along with fulvic minerals and it made a big difference.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting jellyphish:

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

For the parasites, there is an electrical contraption that you set your feet on daily and it sends a frequency through your body that they don't like.  My cousin's wife had a HUGE, disgusting tapeworm, and they got rid of it this way. 

I can't recall the contraption's name, and there *might* have been water involved with its set up.  Ringing any bells to anyone?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM
What kind of parasites are you talking about? Is he battling a skin issue?

Quoting jconney80:

OK thanks! Did it help you keep it away for good? I'm afraid I'm going to be battling it for awhile. I was hoping I could find a good oil to put on my son's skin that might help. I can't get him to take many things that will kill yeast and parasites. I tried and failed epicly. I was hoping an oil might do the trick.

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aromalife
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I firmly believe young livings are the purest out there! Peppermint, thieves, and breathe again are oils I like to have during the cold and flu seasons especially.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I always order from mountain rose herbs.

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I've used oil of oregano to help with yeast, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)