Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

SO MAD at FACEBOOK!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

I admin a group on FB called Breastfeeding Support.  I got notification, this morning, that FB deleted the group for being against TOS.  I'm blocked from posting anything for 12 hours, too.  Can you believe it????

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM
That's crazy! How is a group like that against TOS?
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I bet that right now there is a group on FB called "big breasted hos" that is totally acceptable and very active. I don't understand their beef with breast feeding!! Sorry, mama!
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM

That is awful! There are so many groups that show barely dressed women, yet they wont allow a Bf support group! Is there anyway you can appeal or someone to complain to?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Write to huffington post, maybe they'll write something about it. Most of their fb posts are about parenting and bfing (it's actually pretty annoying), I bet they'll blog about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

The main admin and I both sent a message saying why it is not against TOS.  The group has been around for at least 5 years and has over 5000 members.  It's so ridiculous!!

JoeysApple
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Unfortunately I hear this happens a lot, with many of the anti-circ pages I follow as well.

I'm bringing intact back! His body, his choice.

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I did contact Huffington.  Thanks for the idea!!  Hopefully, something will come of it.

Quoting jellyphish:

Write to huffington post, maybe they'll write something about it. Most of their fb posts are about parenting and bfing (it's actually pretty annoying), I bet they'll blog about it.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM

That is so strange! I bet I was in that group too...will FB tell you how its against TOS

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I don't think you're in that one.  If you were, you weren't active.

No, FB hasn't responded at all.  I'm in my last hour of FB jail.  I'm tempted to start a new group as soon as I'm allowed. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

That is so strange! I bet I was in that group too...will FB tell you how its against TOS

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM

What!!! That is crazy! Facebook makes me so furious about this stuff

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)