Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

birth control?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am just starting to get in the natural groove of things and i just had my son 2 weeks ago and they asked me about BC i was on nuva ring before so i just told them the same but i really have doubts about birth control for multiple reason theres so many issues that women face when taking it and i got pregnant while on the nuva ring with out first im starting to wonder if its worth the health risk taking it ? we want more children but i like to let my kids baby stage wear off and they start to be more independant before we have more i will probably wait 3 years for our next ... sorry im rambling..

my question is what do yall use for birth control condoms for us arnt an option i am extremely sensitive down in lady town and no type of condom works for me :/

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Terpsichore
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Pre-children: used the patch and the nuva ring. Had to have an ultrasound at one point to check for a blood clot in my leg. Fortunately there was no blood clot. After baby 1, we used spermicidal jelly. Messy, but it doubles as lubricant, and we were okay if we got pregnant again. We, too, find condoms are not an option for us.

We've had baby 2, and feel we are done, although not 100% sure. I'm trying the Paragard, non-hormonal IUD, that lasts up to 10 years and removable by an ob/gyn at any time. There are other options that last for less time. The only of these I know anything about is depro provera, known to make some women who have already given birth to gain weight.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I'm not taking birth control. I chart my cycle and go from there.
momof3inTN
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I chart my cycle and avoid the fertile days (off course we wanted another so we used the charting to get pregnant this time, this baby is due in December). Exclusive breastfeeding, particularly 2 or more night time feedings, is also some protection against getting pregnant again too soon. I recommend the book "taking charge of your fertility." It's really a wonderful resource to learn natural family planning.

I recommend staying away from hormonal birth control. I've had horrible experience with most all of it. 

fontainesgirl91
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Thanks ladies :) I'll give that book a look through !!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:43 AM
If you are breast feeding, the safest forms of BC are mini pill, mirena, paraguard, depo, condoms, NFP. Other hormonal BC can mess with your milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeysApple
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I used the pill before I got pregnant. Since baby (he's 12mo this week) I have used abstinence (it took me a long time mentally after ds was born) and now we use the pull out method along with keeping track of my periods, although I have no idea when I ovulate. I know it's not very accurate, but I feel the same way about birth control and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I got pregnant now. Hoping to wait another year to get pregnant, but we will see!

I'm bringing intact back! His body, his choice.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I usually use NFP but I have been horrible at temping so we have been using spermicide lately. 

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Nuva ring isnt recommended with breastfeeding, the estrogen can/will decrease milk supply.
Mirena, paraguard, mini pill, depo, diaphragm, nfp.
We use nfp
Supermommyof423
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I use lo Loestrinfe because i have problems with cysts.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I think paraguard is a good option.  I always used a daily birth control in between kids, then DH got a vasectomy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)