Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you knit or crochet?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does anyone knit or crochet? How did you learn?

My mom crocheted. She was pretty good at it. I wish I would have learned from her but sadly I didn't. I'm considering learning now though. A friend knits using looms-which looks really fun and easy. I may ask her to teach me.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I crochet but I'm not very good at it.  I can do squares or rectangles for blankets.  My grandma was really good at it, wish I would have learned more from her but she passed when I was 10.

nikzup03
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I knit. My grandma tried to teach me twice, then I learned by myself via internet videos (lol). I love knitting. You should see my yarn stash!
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I crochet, just not very well. I can make trapezoids, baby hats and bracelets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I crochet. Baby things are my favorite. My grandma taught me the basics. The rest i learned on You Tube
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I know you can learn from videos on youtube! I don't know how. I never stuck with it and only did it briefly as a kid. My daughter likes to crochet though.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

That is how I was trying to learn! lol

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I crochet. Baby things are my favorite. My grandma taught me the basics. The rest i learned on You Tube

Barb87
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I crochet. I am self taught. Have been crocheting for roughly 10+yrs. I stopped for a while, & when I decided to pick it back up, I went to my trusty friend youtube to properly learn what I taught myself to do as well as more advanced stitches. I follow Ms. Theresa! She does both right & left handed tutorials!!! Which is AMAZING because I am SO left-handed that I am right -hand retarded!!! LOL!!!

Here is the link to her page if you're interested in learning to crochet!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDHR5IsDMjaksuKItrtVDMw

I am also looking into re-learning how to loom knit as well. That way, when I make blankets, they won't be SOOOO heavy as they would be if crocheted.

sjk_maybe_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Only one "needle" (hook) for me, please. LOL

My Grammy taught me when I was 7 or 8. I can still remember my grandfather being so amazed at how quickly I picked it up. One of the favorite memories I have of him and me. And of my Grammy, too.

I've made a couple pretty decent blankets as gifts.
megthompson920
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I learned how to crochet myself from youtube videos. I'm pretty good at it, I can make all sorts of clothes, scarfs, blankets, dresses, hats, you name it.. I love to do it. It relaxes me and gives me something mindless to do when I just need my brain to slow down.. Sitting in a glider, with a hot cup of tea, and my crochet work equals a restful, great night for me!

BellaMama7
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to learn from my grandma she was amazing at making all kinds of things, she crocheted. I need to learn, I love my blankets that I have from her, my children love them to. Try to find any editorials on how to start.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN