Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Does anyone knit or crochet? How did you learn?

My mom crocheted. She was pretty good at it. I wish I would have learned from her but sadly I didn't. I'm considering learning now though. A friend knits using looms-which looks really fun and easy. I may ask her to teach me.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Replies (11-18):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I crochet! My grandmother taught me when I was 4 yrs old, I love it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:51 AM

No I don't think I would be good at it. 

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I might find some youtube videos to watch and then go pick up a hook and some yarn and give it a try.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I crochet. My mom taught me the basics, and I learned the rest from YouTube.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM

One of my 5th grade students taught me how to knit using pencils and some throw away yarn lol

muisjes
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:35 AM

I sew, knit and crotchet. Since it is a real hype right now, you may even find classes at your local women's group/church or whatever that will teach you the basics. I did this for sewing. Knitting, I learned from my grandmother, but whenever I face something I'm not familiar with, youtube is my best friend. Crotcheing I learned entirely through youtube.

momof3inTN
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I crochet and love it. My mom was going to teach me to knit but passed away before she could, I'm now trying to teach myself. There are lots of you tube videos that can help. I enjoy sitting down at the end of a long day with the kids and just crocheting, it's very therapeutic.

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I knit. A gale taught my oldest son, and I watched him to get the basic garter ditch down. I learned to cast on from a video tutorial on http://verypink.com/. And learned to purl using a book from the library.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)