Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Why does parenting this way have to be so damn difficult?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm sorry, but can I vent for a minute? I don't understand why natural parenting has to be so hard. And it's not the steps or the techniques or the lifestyle but the fact that I can't get anyone else to get on board with me. I am the only person who uses the dang cloth diapers for the baby, and now I just found out that my mother-in-law (The primary caregiver while I am at work ) has been giving him formula! And she's threatening to continue doing so. I just don't understand why no one else can see the benefit (or the harm) but me. Am I a minority? Am I crazy for wanting things to be this way?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Replies (41-44):
danichaos
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I would be absolutely furious and throwing shit if if I knew someone was sneaking formula into my baby. Ugh!!!!!
paknari
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
No I am not saying that you have to be a SAHM mom but you also have to be realistic about other caregivers. Most people don't have family to watch their kids and no daycare would do cloth diapers. They would however be very strict about feeding so that's always good. Unfortunately you have to factor things like that in when deciding to have children.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I was saying that the cloth diapers wouldnt even need a rinse that they would be fine to be put in a wet bag just like sposies would need to go in the trash..both are the same amount of work for a sitter. SOme moms feel worried about the chemicals in sposies, though I agree formula is the big deal here.

I find it rude to say that someone shouldbe a SAHM if they want their child taken care of a particular way. I dont want my child fed formula, I dont want my child to be left crying, does this mean I should be a SAHM? People often dont understand how much their ideas on parenting differ til they have children. But besides that the child is here now so what difference does saying that make?

Quoting paknari:

We'll of course but so would any poop. I've potty trained and didn't throw away the clothes of she had an accident. That doesn't mean everyone wants to do it. I would be adamant about the formula because it could potentially have a negative affect on my chod but the disposables are a personal choice that have no bearing I. The health of my child. If she Wamts everything to be her wayaybe she should be a SAHM. I'm sure this didn't come as a surprise and honestly, if she's married and her and her husband don't agree, maybe they should have waited to have children. It can be confusing and troubling for choldren with different ideas about parenting. This should have been discussed before bringing a child into the mix. Obviously mistakes happens and that is altogether a different story.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Right but it washes our in the wash

Quoting paknari:

Yes I know what EBF means. And it's all yellow and seedy and nasty.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

washing disposables? EBF as in no formula OR solids btw

Quoting paknari:

Tell that to my EBF baby because her poop is nasty! I would not be washing disposables ever. I could understand tossing them in a bag and sealing them for mom later.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Thats the thing EBF poop is totally water soluable so no rinsing is even needed, but care givers dont have to do anything it can wait for mom to do it later

Quoting paknari:

Eh I would pick my battles. The formula would be important to not give my child whereas using disposable diapers is something I would allow if seine didn't want to deal with cloth since I not a SAHM. I wouldn't watch your child if it meant that I had to clean cloth diapers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artsymomma3
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I hadn't been here for a few days and realize this was getting a little heated. The cloth diapers are certainly not on the top of my priorities, I was just complaining and decided to throw that in there as well. You know how it goes, you feel frustrated, and then everything seems like a big deal. Unfortunately, no real resolution was made on the formula. As far as I know, my mother-in-law is not giving him formula anymore and had only done it a few times. There were a few times this week where I almost wanted to quit my job, but I am a professional with a graduate degree who is making more than my husband. It is not in the cards right now for me to be able to be a stay-at-home mom, but part of me certainly wishes that I had the opportunity. Until you have to go through it, you have no idea how hard it is to have to wake up before five in the morning to get everything ready for the day, and many days have to leave your child while they are screaming. While I understand the personal reasoning behind the opinion that was formed, I hope that person knows that I have chosen the path that is seemingly more difficult for me. And thank you to those who backed me up.

Quoting paknari:

We'll of course but so would any poop. I've potty trained and didn't throw away the clothes of she had an accident. That doesn't mean everyone wants to do it. I would be adamant about the formula because it could potentially have a negative affect on my chod but the disposables are a personal choice that have no bearing I. The health of my child. If she Wamts everything to be her wayaybe she should be a SAHM. I'm sure this didn't come as a surprise and honestly, if she's married and her and her husband don't agree, maybe they should have waited to have children. It can be confusing and troubling for choldren with different ideas about parenting. This should have been discussed before bringing a child into the mix. Obviously mistakes happens and that is altogether a different story.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting paknari:

Tell that to my EBF baby because her poop is nasty! I would not be washing disposables ever. I could understand tossing them in a bag and sealing them for mom later.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Thats the thing EBF poop is totally water soluable so no rinsing is even needed, but care givers dont have to do anything it can wait for mom to do it later

Quoting paknari:

Eh I would pick my battles. The formula would be important to not give my child whereas using disposable diapers is something I would allow if seine didn't want to deal with cloth since I not a SAHM. I wouldn't watch your child if it meant that I had to clean cloth diapers.

paknari
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I am a working mom also and I understand your point. It sucks to have to do things you don't want to especially when all you really want is to stay home. I a big fan of maturL parenting and do what I can as a working mom.

Quoting artsymomma3:

I hadn't been here for a few days and realize this was getting a little heated. The cloth diapers are certainly not on the top of my priorities, I was just complaining and decided to throw that in there as well. You know how it goes, you feel frustrated, and then everything seems like a big deal. Unfortunately, no real resolution was made on the formula. As far as I know, my mother-in-law is not giving him formula anymore and had only done it a few times. There were a few times this week where I almost wanted to quit my job, but I am a professional with a graduate degree who is making more than my husband. It is not in the cards right now for me to be able to be a stay-at-home mom, but part of me certainly wishes that I had the opportunity. Until you have to go through it, you have no idea how hard it is to have to wake up before five in the morning to get everything ready for the day, and many days have to leave your child while they are screaming. While I understand the personal reasoning behind the opinion that was formed, I hope that person knows that I have chosen the path that is seemingly more difficult for me. And thank you to those who backed me up.

Quoting paknari:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN