Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Candy?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
Candy is extremely rare at our house and I'm sure it's the same for many in this group. We do go trick or treating and last year my oldest DD was still young enough that she didn't notice when all but a few pieces dissapeard. ;) This year I know she thinks she's getting all this candy and plans to eat it all. But ya no way that's happening. How do you handle the candy loot at your house?
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I livenear a military base and they do a trade in for the candy and send it to troops.  We havent done it yet but considering it this year.

We go through everyones candy trade around everyones favs, get rid of stuff we disike and they have to ask permission before eatting any

nikzup03
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We keep it above the fridge. Out of sight out of mind. But we still will give some as treats after dinner or something. It slowly disappears. Lol. And them ice thy totally forget and only the gross kind that no one likes is left, in the garbage it goes :)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Yeah ours goes on the fridge too

Quoting nikzup03:

We keep it above the fridge. Out of sight out of mind. But we still will give some as treats after dinner or something. It slowly disappears. Lol. And them ice thy totally forget and only the gross kind that no one likes is left, in the garbage it goes :)

danichaos
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM
We're setting the candy out for the witch to come switch it out with a surprise
danichaos
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness I love this! The switch witch is definitely coming to our house. :)

Quoting danichaos:

Mobile Photo

SlapItHigh
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We give the kids the option to trade their candy for a new book or small toy. So far, they have take us up on the offer each year. They eat a few pieces that night and then are happy to trade.
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

DD isn't a big fan of the candy, she does like chocolate and will eat a few pieces of that. Then its out of sight and out of mind until it goes in the trash. We celebrate Samhain every yr and I love making her costume so she can go trick or treating, so a little sugar one day a yr is the price we will pay.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We take it to work and little by little it just disappears.  Plus I keep it out of sight so they forget about it after a few days.  At least for now that works because they are so young.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

it usually ends up tossed out...they dont get candy much and my fiance and I have drastically cut back on it. it gets put up and out of sight and we even usually forget about till we find it a few months later and just toss it lol I know its a waste

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)