Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 things only crunchy moms worry about..or not?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 30 Replies
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a fan either
Precious333
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I worry only about a few, but i am a relaxed crunchy mom lol
JadeTigr7
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It looked like somenoe spoiling for a fight.

I agree, it's not great. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
People wear shoes indoors? My mother is the least crunchy person I know and she doesn't wear shoes in the house for her carpet's sake.
I'm scared he might not self wean before kindergarten. I won't let it get that far though. He's a February baby, so he won't be starting kindergarten until he's over five and a half.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Hmmm. I felt it to be stupid. "Let's categorize everyone!" "You need to harbor guilt because you fit this category and not to a T!" Barf.
JMmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Judgemental garbage from the stir? Color me surprised....
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM
My grandpa had a rule that if you're awake and out of bed you must wear shoes! His stemmed from Vietnam and Korean War stuff

Quoting polkaspots:

People wear shoes indoors? My mother is the least crunchy person I know and she doesn't wear shoes in the house for her carpet's sake.

I'm scared he might not self wean before kindergarten. I won't let it get that far though. He's a February baby, so he won't be starting kindergarten until he's over five and a half.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I'm more crunchy than most people I know irl and don't worry about this stuff.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM
That makes sense. In case of bombings or invasions having shoes on would make fight or flight much easier.
The only war my mother dealt with was the war on dirty shoe prints up her stairs.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My grandpa had a rule that if you're awake and out of bed you must wear shoes! His stemmed from Vietnam and Korean War stuff

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

1. Whole Foods might run out of your favorite brand of coconut oil. - Don't know about this one.
  2. You missed the chicken pox party. - Yes.
  3. You grieve your emergency C-section. - Who grieves something beyond their control?
  4. Someone might feed your kids fruit snacks red dye 40 on a play date. - For some this could mean the difference between a good kid and a hellion.
  5. Astronomical chiropractor fees from the strain of wearing your kids for years. - bullshit
  6. Coordinating your sling with your kid’s teething necklace. - bullshit
  7. Finding shoes to go out in because you don’t wear them at home. - bullshit
  8. Your kids finding out about happy meals. - my kids eat them.
  9. Homeschooling or un-schooling? - logical
  10. The store only has homogenized cow’s milk -- no raw, goat, or hemp milk anywhere! - for the lactose intolerant, sure.
  11. Your child might self-wean before age three. - my kid wean when they want.
  12. Your child might not self-wean by kindergarten. - bullshit.
  13. You forgot to do laundry and now you’re out of clean (cloth) diapers. - wash them in the sink.
  14. You’re out of laundry soap and out of ingredients to make more. - this I don't do.
  15. Is your homemade natural deodorant working, or is that your own B.O. you smell? - bullshit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)