Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Homopathic for Bronchitis?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hubby never gets sick. The kids have brought so many sickies home from high school though it's unreal! Hubby managed to catch a small cold then right as he thought he was getting better he took a turn for the worse. We think he has Bronchitis. I don't want to make a trip to the doctor for them to just give him antibiotics and risk him catching something more. I've read that you can overcome it with homeopathic but I don't know what to get.

Would just some probiotics work? If so what kind? OR should I get something more?

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Are you looking specifically for a homeopathic remedy or just something natural?

Eucalyptus tea is my first suggestion. Traditional medicinals has a breathe right tea that's great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherofjb
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM

pretty much anything I can get at the store for him.

Quoting jellyphish:

Are you looking specifically for a homeopathic remedy or just something natural?

Eucalyptus tea is my first suggestion. Traditional medicinals has a breathe right tea that's great.

Stella84
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Try making him thyme tea or cough syrup. Here's a recipe http://www.ehow.com/how_5644632_treat-chronic-bronchitis-cough-thyme.html#page=4

Quoting motherofjb:

Hubby never gets sick. The kids have brought so many sickies home from high school though it's unreal! Hubby managed to catch a small cold then right as he thought he was getting better he took a turn for the worse. We think he has Bronchitis. I don't want to make a trip to the doctor for them to just give him antibiotics and risk him catching something more. I've read that you can overcome it with homeopathic but I don't know what to get.

Would just some probiotics work? If so what kind? OR should I get something more?

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
When I had pluercy my Dr told me to take tumeric. Its really good for swelling in the bronchioles and sinus cavities. Might be worth a try. Echinacea with goldenseal is also really good.
cjsix
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Up his Vitamin C to 2000-2500 mg,Chopped garlic into a bowl of soup(1/2 -1 tsp),lemon,honey and hot water, a tsp of honey is suppose to be good for coughs,warm vaporizer. I have used all of these except the honey as cough syrup...as I learned about it recently...and they do help.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I always eat garlic raw when I am sick and it knocks it out quick. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN