Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Orgasmic Birth

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am thinking about having an orgasmic birth when I deliver my twins in January. My question is has anyone here had one and would it be any different when delivering twins? Or if you have had one do you have any advice? 

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conejoazul
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I am interested in this topic too. My husband and I are just hoping my birth next month can be peaceful enough that I experience the true fetal ejection reflex. If you achieve that with twins, what a blessing that will be!
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Not orgasmic but my first natural birth felt really good!
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

lol that isn't something you decide to have, it either happens or it doesn't.

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I honestly don't believe such a thing exists.  Congrats on the twins and good luck on your orgasmic birth.  

conejoazul
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I think to mention that French OB Michael Odent's book does a good job of talking about why the fetal ejection reflex ( science name for the birth orgasm) is physically possible for all women who have a non complicated pregnancy and are left to labor undisturbed. Midwife Elizabeth Davis also has a book on the subject. Both of those voices probably do better service to the topic than the Hollywood advocate Alicia Silverstone.

Quoting Kenzie8:

I am thinking about having an orgasmic birth when I deliver my twins in January. My question is has anyone here had one and would it be any different when delivering twins? Or if you have had one do you have any advice? 

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Oh I didn't know that the fetal ejection reflex was the same thing. I definitely had the fetal ejection reflex with my homebirth but it hurt.

Quoting conejoazul:

I think to mention that French OB Michael Odent's book does a good job of talking about why the fetal ejection reflex ( science name for the birth orgasm) is physically possible for all women who have a non complicated pregnancy and are left to labor undisturbed. Midwife Elizabeth Davis also has a book on the subject. Both of those voices probably do better service to the topic than the Hollywood advocate Alicia Silverstone.

Quoting Kenzie8:

conejoazul
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I'm still in "open-minded" and "listening to others" mode on the whole thing, especially since my hospital birth was anything but orgasmic and I take credit for pushing my baby out, he was definitely not "ejected" involuntarily, LOL . Maybe this time I'll be up to something different, not sure.  I certainly haven't felt consistently sexy this pregnancy , so I can't imagine that mode taking me over during labor.  Also, I am not sure that everyone who is talking about it defines the experience in the same way, which is fine with me, since two women can't have the same orgasm anyway, kwim?  Certainly if you read the comments of women who say they have achieved it or a pain-free birth, there is HUGE variety of how they spent their laboring hours and where they say their mind was ... all the way from super-erotic with sex toys included to nothing resembling sensual, but simply very spiritually connected to no one but their baby.  Either way, it is a buzz topic, for sure.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Oh I didn't know that the fetal ejection reflex was the same thing. I definitely had the fetal ejection reflex with my homebirth but it hurt.

Quoting conejoazul:

Quoting Kenzie8:

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

You can't just have an orgasmic birth. It's a very rare occurance that some women occasionally experience. 

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

With my last birth (homebirth), it was a very long and erratic birth.  My baby came out with his hand on his head and I could feel him clawing my cervix so I think that's why the labor was so funky.  It was manageable though. I did not call my MWs until the last 2 hours.  I never had any cervical checks but at the end, I reached inside to see if I could feel his head but he was so high up, I could not feel him.  He was literally out of my body less than 2 minutes later, lol.  I remember thinking I wanted to get up to go to the bathroom and my body just took over.  It felt like the involunatary action of throwing up.  It could not be stopped, but I knew well enough not to try to stop it either.  I felt my bag of waters burst into my hand under the water (I was kneeling in the pool).  Then his head descended into my hand.  After his head was all the way out, my knees just started moving without my permission, lol.  My body was moving from kneeling to hands and knees all on it's own.  I had to put my hand on the side of the pool to keep my head above the water and my other hand was supporting my tissues.  I called for my MW who was standing in the back of the room, just observing.  She waited for him to come the rest of the way out so that she could pass him through my legs under the water.  I felt something painful and asked her to stop but she assured me she wasn't touching anything.  It was his arm coming out b/c his hand was on his head.  His head was very large (15") and his chest was very large too (also 15").  It was intense coming out, very different from his older brother's pain-free natural birth.  But I'm a strong believer in allowing the unhindered work of the fetal ejection reflex.  I did not tear and almost immediately, it felt like I had never even given birth.  No soreness.  And he was 9.5lbs.  I have the video posted on youtube.

Maybe TMI but we were intimate several times during my long labor.  But the actual FER was not pain-free.  

Quoting conejoazul:

I'm still in "open-minded" and "listening to others" mode on the whole thing, especially since my hospital birth was anything but orgasmic and I take credit for pushing my baby out, he was definitely not "ejected" involuntarily, LOL . Maybe this time I'll be up to something different, not sure.  I certainly haven't felt consistently sexy this pregnancy , so I can't imagine that mode taking me over during labor.  Also, I am not sure that everyone who is talking about it defines the experience in the same way, which is fine with me, since two women can't have the same orgasm anyway, kwim?  Certainly if you read the comments of women who say they have achieved it or a pain-free birth, there is HUGE variety of how they spent their laboring hours and where they say their mind was ... all the way from super-erotic with sex toys included to nothing resembling sensual, but simply very spiritually connected to no one but their baby.  Either way, it is a buzz topic, for sure.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting conejoazul:

Quoting Kenzie8:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That's what I was thinking.

Quoting kailu1835:

lol that isn't something you decide to have, it either happens or it doesn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN