Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

MUST READ: When you play the vaccine odds and lose

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is an incredible read: When you play the vaccine odds and lose

I am looking forward to reading her next blog post on this. There is a lot of emotions in this post, you can just see them in the text.

I think it's great that she is sharing her story. It is fairly long but definitely worth the read.

What do you think?

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ill be honest, I'm not into blogs and won't read one that long. I did skim it though, and from what I can gather her three kids caught whooping cough, and the one that is unvaccinated for it caught it first, right?
First, I don't have faith that she did much research on vaccines since she doesn't even know which body system they are administered to (vaccines are not delivered into veins as she claims), so right there she's lost credit with me.

Then she talks about the horrid if whooping cough which, yes, sucks. But she talks about it like the options are only vax or WC. She fails to mention that the vax itself spreads WC, nor does she discuss the side effects of the vaccine. DTaP is, as far as I'm concerned, the scariest vaccine on the market, as it is highly connected to GB and other serious issues including death. So yes, uneducated author, assuming my choices are limited to disease or vax, I am prepared to deal with weeks of scary coughing, missed school, etc in exchange for not risking my child succumb to even scarier seizures etc or, worse, death.

She really should read a book before writing presumptuous garbage that comes down to nothing more than a case of being successfully fear mongered.

But that's just my two cents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Also, HELLO! Your two VACCINATED kids caught it! Theyre not exactly cases of successful vaccination anyway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analugojana
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Can you recommend a good, documented book on vaccines? We vaxed the first one because it was mandatory in Romania at that time (it isn't any longer). We haven't vaccinated the little one (she's one) but I'd like to know what I'm talking about when asked and for my own knowledge, of course.

Quoting jellyphish:

Ill be honest, I'm not into blogs and won't read one that long. I did skim it though, and from what I can gather her three kids caught whooping cough, and the one that is unvaccinated for it caught it first, right?

First, I don't have faith that she did much research on vaccines since she doesn't even know which body system they are administered to (vaccines are not delivered into veins as she claims), so right there she's lost credit with me.

Then she talks about the horrid if whooping cough which, yes, sucks. But she talks about it like the options are only vax or WC. She fails to mention that the vax itself spreads WC, nor does she discuss the side effects of the vaccine. DTaP is, as far as I'm concerned, the scariest vaccine on the market, as it is highly connected to GB and other serious issues including death. So yes, uneducated author, assuming my choices are limited to disease or vax, I am prepared to deal with weeks of scary coughing, missed school, etc in exchange for not risking my child succumb to even scarier seizures etc or, worse, death.

She really should read a book before writing presumptuous garbage that comes down to nothing more than a case of being successfully fear mongered.

Analugojana
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
What is GB?
mrs.hartman12
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I think that life is full of risks, you just have to pick the risk you can live with. I know that the dtap is deadly for my husband so we don't gamble with our children. Not vaxing is the risk I can live with, but it might not be for everyone else. There are equally heartbreaking stories on every side of an issue.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I didn't read the article yet but I agree 100% with this. I am so thankful that my kids did not get this because they could have died. They are extremely allergic to the chemicals they give chickens and to eggs. Dtap contains eggs.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM
guillain-barré syndrome

Quoting Analugojana:

What is GB?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
You can basically learn everything she's said by reading the vaccine insert that comes straight from the manufacturer. It says that the vaccine sheds after it is administered. It also says that it isn't 100% effective. If you look up actual numbers of who was vaccinated that got it compared to who was not you will see the majority of people who have caught it were vaccinated.

I found a very informative article about this recently. Let me go find it...

Quoting Analugojana:

Can you recommend a good, documented book on vaccines? We vaxed the first one because it was mandatory in Romania at that time (it isn't any longer). We haven't vaccinated the little one (she's one) but I'd like to know what I'm talking about when asked and for my own knowledge, of course.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
OK here are a few good ones. These tend to be rather long but they are very informative with real info.
http://gianelloni.wordpress.com/category/vaccines/pertussis-whooping-cough/

And then this...
http://gianelloni.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/the-whooping-cough-has-me-at-a-loss-for-words/

And...http://gianelloni.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/pertussis-the-outbreaks-that-cried-wolf/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
This one is about measles but the same principles apply to pertussis. This is really good info on the myth of herd immunity etc
http://gianelloni.wordpress.com/category/vaccines/measles-mmr/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN