Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you avoid fluoride?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

I'm starting to understand why it's bad. I know that sounds dumb but hey one step at a time. I've made a lot of changes over the last few years. So my big question is if you filter your water does that take the fluoride out? I don't want to buy bottled water all of the time because that would be ridiculously expensive! 

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

We drive a few miles out of town to get well-water instead of drinking water from the town we live iin.

We also brush our teeth with flouride-free toothpaste.

maddiesmommy5
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I avoid it everywhere! We have our own well, so its easy at home, and I love our water :) If we go out to eat we bring our own in mason jars...yep, we are "those" people,lol. Restaurant water makes me gag, it smells like a swimming pool. and we bring our own when we visit family as well they are all on town water,yuck! Also make our own toothpaste and DD uses Tom's of Maine fluoride free, we skip the treatments at the dentist as well.

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes we do.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I know Brita filters don't take out fluoride but I believe the whole house systems do take out all the fluoride. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM
OK thanks that's what I was wondering.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I know Brita filters don't take out fluoride but I believe the whole house systems do take out all the fluoride. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:15 AM
That's awesome. How much do you get at a time?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

We drive a few miles out of town to get well-water instead of drinking water from the town we live iin.

We also brush our teeth with flouride-free toothpaste.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I believe that the proper filter should filter out everything, but I don't know enough about them to advise which one to get.  I'm on natural spring water, so I'm lucky enough to not have to worry about fluoride in the water.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
We are avoiding it in toothpaste and at the dentist but not at home. I'm just wondering how horrible city water is for my kids. I know I've heard it has anti depressants in it. I wonder if it has antibiotics too? We try to avoid those at all costs

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I avoid it everywhere! We have our own well, so its easy at home, and I love our water :) If we go out to eat we bring our own in mason jars...yep, we are "those" people,lol. Restaurant water makes me gag, it smells like a swimming pool. and we bring our own when we visit family as well they are all on town water,yuck! Also make our own toothpaste and DD uses Tom's of Maine fluoride free, we skip the treatments at the dentist as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:18 AM
That's great! I wish we didn't have this garbage in our drinking water

Quoting kailu1835:

I believe that the proper filter should filter out everything, but I don't know enough about them to advise which one to get.  I'm on natural spring water, so I'm lucky enough to not have to worry about fluoride in the water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here.  It pisses me off that so many people are still telling us that fluoride is so great for us, when a very simple google search shows that it is a toxic waste product that is only allowed to be disposed of in hazardous waste centers... or dumped in our drinking water.  Giant eye roll here.

Quoting jconney80:

That's great! I wish we didn't have this garbage in our drinking water

Quoting kailu1835:

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN