Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

amber necklaces....again!

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
I got an amber necklacr and its making dh nervous for her to wear it,.so right noe its on hrt ankle. How effective will that be? I eas just putting it on her ankle at night, but then she might get too.big for it to fit her anymore. Anyone have suggestions.
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Sorry for all the typos btw
larissalarie
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
It's less effective, but not completely useless.
Mine has been wearing his around his neck for a couple of weeks (since his first day of being fussy, drooling excessively, and gnawing hands) and it's been fine... if that makes you feel any better!

I'd tell your hubby he can deal with the cranky teething baby and see if that changes his mind, LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Its effective no matter where its put but best when put near the painful area.. We plan to get one for quinn for Xmas but he may need it earlier, the drooling fiend is teething already I think
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Yeah. She has been drooling and gnawing. I have to admit it makes me a little nervous too, but i know its a common tool and its designed in a safe way yo prevent choking.we will see. Maybe if.i.get the bracelet too? So she has double the amount? Lol
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

It's best if you put it closest to the source of pain. DS has worn his 24/7 since he was 2 months old except when he gets a bath. Dh was nervous at first but then saw how it was made and saw it isn't really a choking hazard. 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM
If the necklace gets caught on something will ot break before choking?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

It's best if you put it closest to the source of pain. DS has worn his 24/7 since he was 2 months old except when he gets a bath. Dh was nervous at first but then saw how it was made and saw it isn't really a choking hazard. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I have had a few break on me and it didn't take much so I would think it would. 

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I was jusy testing mine on my arm, it seemed pretty sturdy. I wasnt nervous until dh got nervou :p

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

One time I was undressing ds and when I was taking off his shirt I grabbed the amber by accident and when I pulled it broke in two. 

Quoting Precious333:

I was jusy testing mine on my arm, it seemed pretty sturdy. I wasnt nervous until dh got nervou :p

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Aleewink
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

DD is 4.5 months and has been wearing her necklace since she was 2 months.  We only take it off at bath time.  DH was very nervous about it at first, but he has seen that it has never become an issue and he has relaxed about it.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN