Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Can NOT control this eczema!!

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 32 Replies

DD, 20mo, has awful eczema on her legs and feet. It has gotten so much worse all of a sudden and I can't figure out why. She is already gluten free, the only dairy she eats is goat, she doesn't eat eggs, and she takes daily probiotics. We use coconut oil on her and I just added coco butter. We only use soap on her once a week. We have tried a hazelwood necklace with not much result. We use a humidifier at night. I just can't figure out what else I can do. Any suggestions?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
A friend of mine found out that all dairy caused the ezcema for her son.
mjrex87
by Mindy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM

We've discussed doing an elimination diet. I suppose that should be our next step. She has had goat dairy for quite a while and her eczema has just recently gotten really bad so I don't know if that's it, but it's worth a shot.

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I know its so frustrating! My nephew has it too, badly! Do you have a holistic doctor you can see?

Quoting mjrex87:

We've discussed doing an elimination diet. I suppose that should be our next step. She has had goat dairy for quite a while and her eczema has just recently gotten really bad so I don't know if that's it, but it's worth a shot.

Quoting Precious333:

AromaDrops33
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

This Skin Relief lotion helps eczema and is safe for even the smallest child. Its all natural ingredients that help heal and sooth. Its unscented, if your interested let me know and I can give you a full list of ingredients
wonderwomanT08
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Do you have hard water? How often do you bathe her? My DS has eczema mostly on hos face...now. He is 9 mo old and craeling and teething so that makes it worse :(

I just picked up Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream. Seems to be working! This and Baby Aquaphor. I have to keep applying through the day. After his bath I put a ton of lotion and aquaphor on him.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I would eliminate dairy, that's a big culprit.
I'm in class today and just learned that avocado oil is especially great for eczema. I've also seen success with jojoba oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terpsichore
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

DS and I both have eczema. DS is 4 months old. He has a dairy allergy. I can't consume cow or goat dairy or he suffers. I've been trying to keep a food diary, which I'm failing at miserably, because he reacts a day or two after I eat something I didn't know had dairy in it, so it's hard to find the culprit.

All household laundry is washed in an all free and clear detergent. Both of us get lotioned up after baths. I have to use an unscented Dove body bar, so I've been using an unscented Dove body wash for him, but he doesn't have any hair. We don't have incense or spray fragrance in the house, that stuff bothers my skin.

LilliesValley
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried breast milk
hapababies
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
My son's eczema goes out of control when he is exposed to fragrance or parfum. It's in almost all laundry detergents, lotions, and soaps. I had to eliminate it completely from my whole family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristinas8
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Just an FYI aquapho is mostly petroleum jelly, if your not against that a jar of vaseline works just as well and costs a fraction of what they charge for aquaphor.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Do you have hard water? How often do you bathe her? My DS has eczema mostly on hos face...now. He is 9 mo old and craeling and teething so that makes it worse :(

I just picked up Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream. Seems to be working! This and Baby Aquaphor. I have to keep applying through the day. After his bath I put a ton of lotion and aquaphor on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)